Thread: VIN Stamp location

Ryan Furman Guest

Default VIN Stamp location

Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the VIN is stamped on the body of the car (looking for verification aside from the data plate)? thanks.
    Last edited by Ryan Furman; 06-12-2017 at 10:35 PM.

On top of the frame, at the front, known as "the horn", as that's the where the front part of the frame sticks out. I am sorry but I am drawing a blank as to what side, drivers or passenger side. You may be lucky enough to find it looking down from under the hood, behind the rad support. Again on TOP of the frame.
    Mark A Maromonte

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Furman View Post
    Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the VIN is stamped on the body of the car (looking for verification aside from the data plate)? thanks.
    Look at this thread and see the attachment of "explanation of the registry history fields."

http://www.markiiforum.com/attachmen...8&d=1361058590

Specifically, (b) on the front left side of the frame under the voltage regulator
    (c) on the top of the frame forward of the left rear wheel
    (d) on the rear rail of the frame under the trunk floor
    John Snoddy

Found mine there, a friend who owned one found his there as well. It is on the inboard (lower of the 2 halves of the welded rail?) half of the frame horn. Fortunately, mine passed the out of state inspection required here with a minimum of hassles. Very courteous inspector. A welcome change from past experiences.
    Paul E Davis
    C56H3229