Thread: When does a Restoration become a Restomod?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RODPARTS Guest

Barry, are you thinking about making a thread on seat belts/shoulder harnesses? You must of figured out an easy seat modification to lock the seat backs in place. I for sure, would be really interested in what you have come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by RODPARTS View Post
    Barry, are you thinking about making a thread on seat belts/shoulder harnesses? You must of figured out an easy seat modification to lock the seat backs in place. I for sure, would be really interested in what you have come up with!
    While it would be wonderful to restrain the seat back I couldn’t devise a way to do that. However, using a mounting point for the rear seat belt I was able to install a shoulder strap that crossed my chest and attached to a substantial mount inside the transmission tunnel. It provides a surprising amount of strength and keeps front seat occupants in place and off the steering wheel and dashboard.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

IMG_2278.jpgIMG_2279.jpgIMG_2280.jpgThe first time I showed it I got high praise from the judges for showing the belts.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

RODPARTS Guest

Thanks Barry! I take it you are not using a lap belt? BTW, is your interior leather color black?

A lap belt and shoulder sling. It gives the same restraint as a 3 point harness. With someone pushing me from the back seat the front seat back doesn't move at all.

Interior and top are now light blue. Did a color reversal on the seats. They looked too Bill Blass for the period. Also did away with the 9" wide armrest for the back seat,
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126