Thread: Responded to AD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This seems way too good to be true. The description indicates frame off restoration (five years ago), <30000 miles, with flawless paint, chrome, everything working, rust free, showroom condition and no leaks. In addition, he will ship it anywhere at no extra cost. A Mark II in that condition would be worth a minimum of 2-3 times the stated price and might even be worth 4 times the asking price.

Perhaps the hint is, it has been advertised in a few areas. Usually means, someone has stolen the photos and is trying to collect the money for a car they don't own and don't have in their possession.

Of course, if you know someone in the Spokane area, you could ask for a personal inspection and to receive a copy of the current title and registration and the previous bill of sale.

Larry
    Larry Durocher
    1956 Mark II C5601429
    1962 RR Silver Cloud II drophead
    2006 Ford F150
    2010 RR Phantom drophead
    2013 Bentley GTC
    2015 Lincoln MKT

Just for grins, I Googled the name. Only one doctor came up located in Lubbock, Texas and he is an anesthesiologist, no mention of EM. As with most things, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376

Quote Originally Posted by lld View Post
    This seems way too good to be true. The description indicates frame off restoration (five years ago), <30000 miles, with flawless paint, chrome, everything working, rust free, showroom condition and no leaks. In addition, he will ship it anywhere at no extra cost. A Mark II in that condition would be worth a minimum of 2-3 times the stated price and might even be worth 4 times the asking price.

Perhaps the hint is, it has been advertised in a few areas. Usually means, someone has stolen the photos and is trying to collect the money for a car they don't own and don't have in their possession.

Of course, if you know someone in the Spokane area, you could ask for a personal inspection and to receive a copy of the current title and registration and the previous bill of sale.

Larry
    I agree. Way too good to be true. Our last record of 2699
    Was 2012 in Iowa with 96,000 miles. Dark blue with 1A1A interior. Highly unlikely the AD car is the same car. I personally wouldn't consider this unless I personally inspected the car and the title. Good luck. John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 02-23-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    John Snoddy

Hello Jim,

Latest and Final Update: What BS!!!!!!

They don't accept inspection at their location. This why provide 7 days for inspection at your location. I think is plenty of time to check the condition of the unit. They don't do inspections at their facility because there were situations in the past when the units were damaged during the inspection and they had to pay for repair. This why they provide that inspection period at your location. The unit right now is crated because I wanted the next owner to receive it as I leave it(pristine condition). Don't get me wrong but I know the condition of the unit and I'm sure that you will love it from the first sign. They already made a pre purchase inspection on the car. If you want I can ask for a copy of that report.
    Let me know.
    Thank you,

I TOLD HIM THANKS BUT I'D PASS ON THIS. That was polite.
    Jim Glass

Quote Originally Posted by jimgnj View Post
    I TOLD HIM THANKS BUT I'D PASS ON THIS. That was polite.
    Jim:
    Good job! Look what I found: https://www.autolist.com/lincoln-con...UTABUY41874730
    The ad car's VIN is (drum roll please) C56D2697 Listed for consignment at Long Island, NY; car could be with Velocity Motors in Valley Park, Missouri. Mileage indicated is around 98,800.
    Glad you passed. Well done. Very best regards, John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 02-23-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    John Snoddy

BEWARE! I've seen the identical language and terms on other items. For instance $14,000.00 for an excavator that is worth $75,000.00. Same inspection period, same reason for not being allowed to inspect on site, etc, etc...... It's called the "Nigerian Scam"
    Jaime Marcelo
    1956 Continental Mark II (C56D2686)
    1956 Continental Mark II (C56D2694)
    1960 Lincoln Continental Mk V Convertible
    1960 Lincoln Continental Mk V 4dr Sedan
    1955 T-Bird (Red) Standard
    1955 T-Bird (White) Automatic
    1959 T-Bird (White)
    1962 T-Bird (White)
    1946 Chevrolet Fleetmaster
    1946 Studebaker Champion
    1946 Cadillac 62 Series 4dr Sedan