Thread: My Visit To Mark's Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Visit To Mark's Garage

My Mark II was badly in need of getting both doors alighned properly and the passenger window was off its track... no one in my town wanted or had the experience to do the job so I imposed on Mark Maromonte (Lincoln Mark) and he agreed. So last week it was off to U-Haul to rent the auto transport trailer and hitch it up to son Dave's F-250. See pic 1.

Towing 400 miles was an experience.. maybe I'll write a post on that.. along with how to load a trailer. But sticking to the subject, I was overwhelmed with Mark's hospitality and enthusiam to work on my car. His facilities are awesome. His inventory of parts for a Mark II is a sight.

Previously Mark posted nicer pictures of his Mark IIs but I'm posting random shots of the stuff I saw. He now has a black one which I failed to photograph. You can see the various cars he has ready for work. The covered motor and Frame is a Mark II. Additionally there's a '56 Premiere 4 door and a '55 Capri.

Mark had my job done in about 4 hours. Very few people know this car as well as he... and he is one hell of a good guy. The forum is lucky to have his contributions of experience and knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II