Thread: Anomaly?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anomaly?

During all the years I had access to Theo's green car, I never noticed that the lower shell of the front seat is green when the back rest is white, see the pictures. On all the other pictures I have the lower shell has the same color as the bolsters.
    What do you think? Option, factory error, later swap? Unfortunately, I don't have the trim number of that car which was sold some months ago.

Front seat1.jpg Front seat3.jpg
    Roger

Hello Roger,

is it possible, that it was 3537 ? (exterior color D20, Trim Code 1M6E, look at the production synopsis)

There is a list of the exported cars and Theo is listed as the last owner.

The registry has no information about 3537 (?)

I think, this is a picture of the car, but I‘m not sure

C971F1B8-14F1-4922-AF47-C44C06C63344.jpg
    Last edited by Egenolf; 10-05-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Yes, Holger, it must be the car #3537. The picture is matching (black tires) the trim too, (1M6E) but the outside color is 16 medium green. As you noted, the 3537 is not listed, except in the list of exported cars. It seems that the original owner was a Swiss guy, located in Nidau near Bienne.
    There is some chance that I can add soon some more infos about the 3 cars Theo had: the green one in located near Bienne and the 2 other ones are also in Bienne. One will be restored, the other one (the white one) will be used as a spare parts source for the one which will be restored and then sold/scraped. Both owners promised me to give the details about these 3 cars.

Coming back to the anomaly: Ralph Messina wrote a message saying that it must be an anomaly. If I'm interpreting correctly the charts from the interiors, 1957 models trim code 1M6E should have a green back seat shell. This means that the lower part is right, but not the white upper part....
    Roger

As far as I understand the interior trim convention, the „lower shell“, you have mentioned in your first post
    is identical with the front seat frame and trim of the chart.

In the cars of 1956, these items have the same color as the seat bolsters.

In the cars of 1957, the front seat frame and trim have different colors.

1M6E of 1956 have white leather for front seat frame, trim and the seat bolsters.

In 1957, the colors are green leather for the front seat frame and trim and white leather for the seat bolsters.

edit: Sorry Roger, now I understand. The problem are the upper and the lower frame and their different colors.

Maybe, the backrest is sometime changed.

I have no other explanation.
    Last edited by Egenolf; 10-06-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Quote Originally Posted by Egenolf View Post
    edit: Sorry Roger, now I understand. The problem are the upper and the lower frame and their different colors.

Maybe, the backrest is sometime changed.
    Who knows what happened during the life of the car...It could also be a factory error during the installation of the backrest.
    Roger