Thread: Grill in kick panel?

Default Grill in kick panel?

Should there be a grill to cover this air outlet in the kick panel? I've seen pictures of many nice Mark II's without any trim over this opening and the other day I saw a video of one with chrome grills over these holes.
    Also I find that the chrome trip plate under the left taillight does not have hole for the clip that I do not have, and I've seen in pictures of other Mark II's.
    There are holes in the body under this chrome plate where a clip would attach. Any ideas why no holes in chrome plate?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt Cashion
    C56C2524

Ours did not come with any grill over the air outlet in front of the door; been quizzed on occasion by show judges, but there was never anything there. Also no chrome plate under the taillight; just regular body color finish.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

There is no grill there... it is wide open for air to continue through the door to the rear seats where there is a grill.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Bob Barger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cashion View Post
    Also I find that the chrome trip plate under the left taillight does not have hole for the clip that I do not have, and I've seen in pictures of other Mark II's.
    There are holes in the body under this chrome plate where a clip would attach. Any ideas why no holes in chrome plate?
    The plate has been fabricated by someone, I guess to keep from scratching the paint. I'll post a picture showing the clip you mentioned. The mounting hole is under that plate.