Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2653 Needing photos of headliner in blue ?

Default 2653 Needing photos of headliner in blue ?

Hello I have 2653 and it's a 1A1A. And shows mine came with a blue headliner and it currently has a white one that needs replaced so wanted to see what an original one looks like so thanks again
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 07-17-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Jacob Dout
    Denver Colorado

Don't have a picture of a blue headliner installed in a car, but the blue broadcloth material looks like this -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default Headliner

Is it a cloth or vinyl ??
    Jacob Dout
    Denver Colorado

As the name implies broadcloth is cloth!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default Liner

Sorry I didn't know if you were just showing color or the actual headliner material Still would want a full pic if anyone has one
    Jacob Dout
    Denver Colorado

That is a photo of the actual material. Broadcloth is what is used on billiard/pool tables and most of the upholstery for 50's and earlier cars.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Sorry, Pat. Maybe someone uses broadcloth for pool tables, but it was never designed to be used like that. Billiard cloth is a very expensive, finely woven worsted wool. The very best of it comes from Belgium and has since the late 17th century.

As far as I know, broadcloth was designed for automotive use, but not positive.
    Russell Chilton

Default Headliner

Still would love a photo
    Jacob Dout
    Denver Colorado

Broadcloth is worsted that is what makes is look like a uniform surface. Worsting and felting are similar processes. Belgium has made it for a thousand years (since before modern Belgium actually.) The English have mades it since antiquity. I think the difference in pool table covering and headliner is more in the thread count and thickness of the thread woven in the original fabric prior to worsting.

Any weavers on the site care to pitch in...
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Is your headliner replaced and or actually white? Mine is very pale looking like a faded white but when the moldings around the backglass were removed the actual color was very surprising to say the least. The covered and uncovered are not even close. I'm not surprised being from Albuquerque this car probably received lots of sun and higher temperatures indicated by the roached leather on the top of the rear seat. As it is my 50 Mercury has a heavy infestation of broadcloth in the interior. Ah yes another expensive interior to replace.