Thread: Shipping Recommendations

Default Shipping Recommendations

Has anyone shipped their Mark recently? Looking for recommendations on nation wide shippers. Open versus closed shipping, timeliness, etc.
    thanks
    Wes Hall

2012 Lincoln MKZ
    1966 Ford Mustang
    1934 Ford 2 Dr Sedan
    1934 Ford 5 Wdw Coupe
    1926 Model T Coupe
    1924 Model T Touring

Default Shipping

Hello. Where is the car now and where is it going? Zip codes will dictate availability and price. Will save $$'s if you have it delivered to a commercial place (close by your house) as opposed to a residence. Enclosed is very expensive, but if the car is 'special', it maybe worth it.
    George Masters
    C56B1942
    52 & 53 MG TD's
    '71 GTO
    '57 Ford Sunliner
    '64 Plymouth Barracuda
    '55 Nomad
    '56 Chevy 'Sport Sedan'
    '65 Plymouth Satellite
    '72 Land Rover
    '51 Ford "Woodie Wagon'

Ask that axel straps be used to tie down rather that those nylon over the tire slings. When mine was taken for a commercial shoot those tie downs ruined a full set of new 3" whitewall tires.
    Sean Rollins

C56C2591

Default Shipping

Hello Sir , I have had many cars shipped. I google auto transport. Find a site that suits you and but your info in. You will get immediate response. Don't go with the lowest but next to that. you can always add a few dollars if not picked up. Depending on your zip code will tell the shipper how often a truck is in your area. Never give any money till the broker has a transport truck contracted to pick up. your car. Depending on value of your car would determine open or closed truck and how deep your pockets are. I have never had a problem with open .All transport companys carry ins on your auto. Good Luck

Had a Mark II project car with tons of extra parts hauled from Phoenix to LA by an LA guy with a heavy duty pick-up and trailer. He was able to put all the extra parts in the bed of his truck those that didn't fit inside the car. Turned out to be a bargain over having to motor freight the extra parts.
    William Otterson
    C56R3756