Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiper control Cable

I found the instructions to the kit be lacking. I did follow the instructions on checking the frame vacuum tubes, and found not the washer fluid tube plugged, but the middle tube, the wash coordinator signal tube.

I add this vacuum tap to all the Mark IIs I work on. The reading for tuning the Mark II needs to be taken off the manifold tap, not the output side of the vacuum pump. I tap into the tube that feeds the vacuum pump on this '57 and on the distributor pipe on the '56, both manifold vacuum.

Cut a section out of the pipe to install a compression T and a barbed hose fitting.

Installation on the '57. The the car started it ran smoothly, but was only drawing 16 inches of vacuum. The Pertronox instructions state that he timing could be off as much as 10 degrees, and it was, just by feel. kept fiddling with the idle adjustment screws and got it down to 500 rpm at 20 inches before the pump, a sign of a healthy engine. A test drive for pinging and the carb and timing adjustment is complete. You're shooting for the highest vacuum at the lowest rpm. Retard slightly if it pings.

Installation on my '56.

Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Barry

Can you tell me were I could get a replacement the Black Rubber item you are showing in this in this subject called "Wiper Control Cable" started on 7/28/2022 and your respondence on 8/1/2022, 11:45am.

Member Richard Speelman

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Speelman View Post
    Barry

Can you tell me were I could get a replacement the Black Rubber item you are showing in this in this subject called "Wiper Control Cable" started on 7/28/2022 and your respondence on 8/1/2022, 11:45am.

Member Richard Speelman
    Link, or picture?
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126