Thread: Dome light switch

Default Dome light switch

Hi All,

I have few questions on this switch. I saw the description in the owners manual but its a little vague. When you open the door, does the dome light and the courtesy lights come on? Is the light switch in the center position for this use? Once the door is closed then moving the switch down for courtesy light and up for dome light to work? These lights will work with the car off? Any finally...I don't have this switch so I will take any aftermarket one for now if anyone has installed one that looks pretty good.

Thanks again all
    John Mush
    C56A1836

If I remember correctly it’s a specialty switch, maybe 3-pole. You should be able to tell by the wiring diagram. They are likely available. The dome light has is own switch. If I remember correctly the power runs there first through the harness on the driver’s side.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

John,

I had some questions a long time ago. Look at this link, I think it will answer some/all of your questions

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...highlight=dome

Larry
    Larry Durocher
    1956 Mark II C5601429
    1962 RR Silver Cloud II drophead
    2006 Ford F150
    2010 RR Phantom drophead
    2013 Bentley GTC
    2015 Lincoln MKT

Quote Originally Posted by lld View Post
    John,

I had some questions a long time ago. Look at this link, I think it will answer some/all of your questions

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...highlight=dome

Larry
    Awesome.....thats what I needed....what do you think my chances are of finding the actual switch or am I going to have to go aftermarket?
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Try Mark II enterprises as they have also wrecked quite a few Mark II, regards Graham
    Graham Rollo,
    C56D2663 1956 Continental Mark II
    1957 Imperial Southhampton coupe
    1956 Buick Riveria special coupe
    1939 Chev tudor
    1931 Ford Model A coupe
    1987 Harley Davidson
    . 1940 Ford deluxe coupe

I read through all these posts a bunch of times...great info....so to be clear...when the switch under the dash is in the center position and the slider all the way left and you open the door the dome light and courtesy light should come on. The switch on the dash basically works the dome light (up) and courtesy light (down) once the door is closed. Is that right?
    John Mush
    C56A1836

Scan0001.jpgwhen, under dash switch is in center position & interior light switch slider is to the left the dome lights & interior come on when doors open & go out when doors shut, switch under dash in up position with doors shut the dome lights come on, switch under dash in down position with doors shut the interior light comes on with the slider in left position. slider in right position interior light stays on. Interior light can be switch off with slider in middle position
    Graham Rollo,
    C56D2663 1956 Continental Mark II
    1957 Imperial Southhampton coupe
    1956 Buick Riveria special coupe
    1939 Chev tudor
    1931 Ford Model A coupe
    1987 Harley Davidson
    . 1940 Ford deluxe coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Rollo View Post
    Scan0001.jpgwhen, under dash switch is in center position & interior light switch slider is to the left the dome lights & interior come on when doors open & go out when doors shut, switch under dash in up position with doors shut the dome lights come on, switch under dash in down position with doors shut the interior light comes on with the slider in left position. slider in right position interior light stays on. Interior light can be switch off with slider in middle position
    Perfect...Thanks...I located the stock switch thru Mark II Enterprises along with a bunch of other misc. small electric parts I'm missing
    John Mush
    C56A1836