PDA

View Full Version : 2524 New Member from Utica NY

Matt Cashion
08-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello, my name is Matt and my MarkII is C56C2524. I've owned it since 1975 when I purchased it at auction in Hollywood Fl. Over the years I've rebuilt the engine, transmission, and rear end. It originally was light green but had been painted black prior to my buying it. The interior was done in black (vinyl unfortunatly) also prior to purchase. It's been an on and off project since purchased. Now is one of the "on" times so I thought it would be good to gather with others having gone down this road before. Since my last "on" time I've managed to loose some of my service information so I'll first be looking for advise as to where to replace what I've lost. That's about it in a nut shell--- Thanks in advance for any help---
Matt---

Nick DeSpirito
08-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Matt,

Glad to have you on board. Check the technical section of the web site. We have many items you can down load there, including the Technical Manual. IF you run into snags or have any questions, please ask. We are all willing to help a fellow Mark II owner. :)

SLK
08-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Welcome Matt. It's nice to see another Northern New Yorker on here. We'll have to try and connect in person sometime. I plan to be at the Lake Placid car show on 9/5 held on the Olympic Speed Skating Oval.

Here's a picture from last year as we lined up for the parade.

Barry Wolk
08-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Welcome Matt.

Matt Cashion
08-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks to all for the welcome.
Matt---

Pat Marshall
08-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Matt,

Great to have you on board.

Do you have any ownership history for this car? The original owner was A.E. Valltin, Lafayette, LA. Also could you provide the missing #'s from your data plate?
07-1C2D-xxx-x

Thanks

linmk2
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Glad you joined us. Hope you can post some photos soon. I know what you mean about on/off projects. I guess you can say mine is off at the moment. Many times I've thought it might be a good idea to try to sell my Mark. I've owned it since the early 80's, but then I look at the car, and put the thought out of my mind.

Chuck Lutz
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Matt, Welcome to the Forum. We've noted you as the current owner of your car in the MKII Registry database and indicated you as a member here. This information will be posted in the Documents section after the next update which should be soon. Again, welcome and enjoy the group.

Matt Cashion
08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Data plate numbers are 07-1c2d-124-6. I purchased this Mark II at a Hudson & Marshall auction on March 8,1976 in Hollywood Fl. I was given an Iowa title showing a Barry R. Fredericksen of Pleasent Valley IA. as the owner selling the vehicle. The title shows the previous owner as Virgil R. Showerman of Clinton IA. I wrote both previous owners asking for any history, service records, etc. that they could share with me, but only Virgil wrote me back. In his letter he told me that he had purchased it seven years prior from a Mrs. Brown of Houston Texas. He went on to say that that Mrs. Brown's husband purchased the vehicle new as a birthday gift for her. Doesn't seem to line up with the information you have on the original owner? Interesting--- If you know of any additional history on this Mark II and would share it with me I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Matt---

Matt Cashion
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Just checking to see if you received the information about my Mark II you asked for in your post dated 8/27.

Matt---

Pat Marshall
09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Matt, Yes I did. I apologize for not acknowleging it. Thank you.