PDA

View Full Version : some anomalies found with continental A1903

DavidBurke
08-01-2021, 08:32 PM

The car is documented to be a white car with grey and white interior and it is, how ever when I pulled out the rear sear the main brace was green along with a few spots on the dash under the grey. Is it possible it started out to be a green car then they got a order to fill for a while one and changed it ? There is no sign of the exterior ever being green. The oddity #2, The story I got with the car lined up with the registry, 1 owner car sold new in Georgia and had been in storage since 1971
The family didn't want to be bothered with liquidating the car so they consigned the local ford dealer to get rid it for them and that's were i purchased the car. As I was ripping out the old rotten carpet I found the contental plate oxidized so bad it wasn't readable so when I buffed it I found the name J.B Alexander engraved on it not not the Ray Litrell I was expecting. And again it was advertised as a 1 owner car as the registery suggests, any ideas?

DavidBurke
08-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Here is a photo of the tag22447

DavidBurke
08-01-2021, 08:36 PM

Here is the green I found

DavidBurke
08-01-2021, 08:38 PM
This was this passenger side of the heater controll green below the carpet

Pat Marshall
08-02-2021, 12:11 AM
David,

1903 Anomalies:

#1 I don't have an explanation for the green spots you found. However, I have never seen any documentation of Continental repainting a body on the production line to a different color. 05 Green was a relatively common color, in fact #1906, also a 05 Green air conditioned car (nostrils), was built just three cars later in the production order. Painting a whole body was extensive, why would they have repainted the green body when they could have used in on 1906? If that was too soon another 05 A/C car, #1933, was scheduled the following production day.

#2 Owners name on the carpet Continental plate - I have never seen an original owner's name engraved in script on that plate. Every engraving I have seen is in capital letters - see the attached example. It was not uncommon for subsequent owners to have their names engraved on the plate. It is likely that J.B. Alexander was a later owner. I'd like to find some documentation on ole "JB"!