PDA

View Full Version : Delta Don: Back to Fords

Don Keller
08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello all,

I recently joined the Forum after trading my old 911 to Dr. Goicoechia for C56R3838, now medium Gray/silver (originally black). Some pretty critical comments were made about the car based on the Ebay pictures...pictures can make the subject look better or worse. In this case, it's actually a pretty sound car, and I am pleased. Dr. George is a fine gentleman as well. My fiirst car was a '47 humpback 2DR sedan Ford. After five old Corvettes and the '68 Porsche, I am back to where I began. I was born in 1947, so the '57 Mark II is considerably younger.:( I am a 100% disabled Vietnam veteran and a retired hospital director.

I need some parts for the Mark II and will try to purchase them as I can. I very much appreciate the wealth of documentation that the Forum provides and the knowledgeable members sharing their experiences. I loved the old solid axel Corvettes, but finally got bored. The old Porsche was too different for this old dog to learn and the Club members seemed more than a bit snobish. Anyway, I'll try to photograph anything that might be of assistance to Forum members as I enjoy this beautiful car.

Regards.
Don Keller

SLK
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome Don. We look forward to seeing your pictures to show how nice the car actually is.

Shelly Harris
08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
HI Don and welcome aboard. From reading the posts you may know that I too obtained my car from Dr. George. Ditto on his being a good guy to deal with. I hope you enjoy your car as much as I enjoy mine. Please post up pictures.

linmk2
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Nice to have you aboard. Look forward to some photos soon.

Barry Wolk
08-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I would agree that the Porsche group is pretty standoffish at times, until you get to know them.

Mark II owners are a different breed, altogether.

Welcome to the site.

Doc
08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome Don. I'm sure you will find the forum a great resource for restoring and maintaining your car--as I have. I would also like to see some pictures, beyond what we saw on eBay.

roger
08-19-2010, 01:06 PM
welcome Don, you've joined the best car forum going!

Chuck Lutz
08-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Don... Glad you've joined us. We all share a passion for MarkIIs and conversation... Sometimes not necessarily in that order.
Welcome.

Chuck Lutz
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Don, I've updated our database indicating you as the current owner and a member here. This will be posted in the Documents area upon the next update which should be soon.