Chrisg
12-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Are factory invoices available

jdsnoddy
12-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Two possible sources:
The Henry Ford Museum of Dearborn, MI and
Maybe Shelly Harris and this forum.
Barry Wolk may have had some or has some.
I'm not sure of the current status. Once you find out, could you please update us here?
Thanks so much; good luck
John

Milsteads Garage
12-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Who used to have a great set of invoices was Axel Holm but he has since passed away

jdsnoddy
12-17-2020, 05:41 AM
Thanks for sharing this. I did not know Alex Holm had passed. One of the great early Mark 2 and Thunderbird enthusiasts of our time. He ran Desert Classics Inc. in the 70's and 80's which refurbished many cars. He was a prostate cancer survivor. He will be missed for sure.
https://www.nogalesinternational.com/news/local-historian-axel-holm-dies-at-78/article_cb356314-f942-11ea-8587-7ffe740faed3.html

Local historian Axel Holm dies at 78
Nogales International Sep 17, 2020

Axel
Axel Holm chats with fellow members of the Facebook group Nogales Amigos during the group’s monthly luncheon in August 2014.

File photo by Murphy Woodhouse

Axel Holm, lifelong Nogales resident and champion of local history and culture, died on Sept. 12. He was 78.

The Pimeria Alta Museum, where Holm had been a member and past president, posted news of his death to its Facebook page on Sunday, saying: “Axel Holm has become the town historian for Nogales because of his passion for documenting its history and deep appreciation of the importance of the border cities. His legacy will carry on and he will be greatly missed.”

Holm was the son of produce importer Walter Holm and Louise Holm, co-founder of the Hilltop Art Gallery. Axel Holm was active in the family business, Walter Holm & Co., for many years, and was a teacher of American history.

Axel Holm was born and lived on Pajarito Street throughout his life. He attended boarding school in Paradise Valley as a high school student and served in the Air Force before returning to his hometown.

“Nogales history and my parents taught me that Nogales is a special place,” he was quoted as saying in a 2012 story after he was named marshal of the city’s Christmas parade.

In addition to his work with the Pimeria Alta Historical Society, he served on the board of the Arizona Historical Society; the board of the Library, Archives, and Collections Committee for the State of Arizona; and the History Committee of the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas.

In 2010, he proposed a motto for Santa Cruz County – “Birthplace of Arizona history” – that was quickly adopted by the board of supervisors.

Asked at the time about the potential impact of the new motto on the region, Holm said: “I think it improves our self-worth more than anything else and lets the world know that there’s something very important that’s taken place down here.”

In a Facebook post on Sunday, Holm’s nephew Stuart Milton wrote that he had died Saturday afternoon, “peacefully resting” surrounded by his loved ones.

According to the post, he was survived by his sister Corinne Milton; son Richard Holm; granddaughter Nelly Holm; nephews Bruce Milton, Alan Milton and Stuart Milton; and niece Marina Milton.

Axel Holm Stuart Milton Internet Commerce History Institutes Walter Holm & Co. Nogales Richard Holm Louise Holm Corinne Milton

Copyright ? 2000-2020 • Nogales International • 268 W View Point Dr, Nogales, AZ 85621 | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us |

Knickoliss Iv
12-21-2020, 02:19 PM
These "sets" of invoices you mention. Are they originals or copies of originals or copies of copies? Henry Ford advertises production orders and Jack Rosen advertises Dealer invoices.

Barry Wolk
07-15-2021, 07:41 AM
I don't believe any of the invoices available are originals. I believe that are all copies of copies. However, the copies of the Production Orders available from the Benson Ford Research Center are copies of originals.

Pat Marshall
07-15-2021, 07:53 AM
As I have stated in posts in other threads, I believe that the originals were destroyed along with many other records,

Axle Holm and Bill Davis discovered them at the Wixom facility and were able to get a set of copies made. Upon returning to Nogales they copied another set. My invoices came from Lowell Domholdt who had obtained them from Bill Davis. I don't know which generation of copies mine are.