PDA

View Full Version : 3292 56 Continental Mark ii

Nccco
09-29-2020, 04:17 PM
Hello all, I was asked to give some history on my car as little was known about 3292.
Two years ago in October 2018 I found 3292 on a Craigslist ad located in Burlington, North Carolina. The car did run and drive with only 44,365 miles but had not been on the road for many years. The car had very little rust and a perfect frame. That being said the car had experienced a pretty rough life with three repaints the wrong color and a lot of dents. I striped every thing to bare metal and the right side was the last that's when I discovered she had been in a serious side swipe. The body is completely straight now and ready for final block sanding. Original color is special order D20 green lucite poly the same as Benson Ford's Mark ii. That's where I could use some help, I have not been able to find a formula for that color. Only about 40 cars were that color and it has auto dimming headlights about 28 had that and factory air.
The car sold new in Alexandria, Virginia.
I believe was in Raleigh, then Burlington until I brought it to Blacklick, Ohio east side of Columbus.
I've been unable to post any pictures.
I would love to hear from anyone especially in Ohio. Thanks, Fred Lasure 614 206 6234

jdsnoddy
09-29-2020, 09:50 PM
So hopefully you have some well preserved original paint under the back seat or some such place. Take some original paint chips to a body shop with a spectrometer. The spectrometer will analyze the chips and automatically formulate the mixture. John
P.S. I live in Yellow Springs, Ohio. I-70 Exit 52B (Hwy 68S)

Nccco
09-29-2020, 10:14 PM
Hi John text or call me sometime I would like to meet up. I am retired now so I finally have some time