PDA

View Full Version : My Mark Must Be Charmed

linmk2
09-05-2020, 11:29 AM
A little over a week ago Hurricane Laura made a trip into SE Texas. While my area did escape much of the wrath of the Cat 4 storm, Lake Charles, La about 60 miles to my east, suffered catastrophe damage. Other than a privacy fence that is somewhat wavy now, I did not suffer any damage to my home. That can not be said about the storage facility that my Mark II is stored. The buildings had their roofs torn off and many of the cider block walls collapsed. Yesterday evening was the first time I was granted access to the property. To my amazement and delight, my Mark was almost unscathed. The complete opposite of what I was expecting. There are a few scratches on the top of the right front fender, but other than that, I did not see any damage! Until the debris is removed I can not move the car to get a better look, but from what I can see, it appears OK. Both walls on either side of the car collapsed away from the vehicle. Frankly, I did not see the roll up garage door at all. I suppose it got blown away to somewhere else. As the title says, my car must be charmed.

Egenolf
09-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Congratulations Howard,

I am glad that your car survived this disaster so well!

Jeff Smith
09-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Great to hear that. Not only glad that your personal car was not lost but also would hate to see any Mark II damaged or destroyed.