PDA

View Full Version : New brakes

Xon
07-16-2020, 10:45 AM
You can?t go anywhere and no car shows I thought it would be a perfect time to tackle my sketchy brakes..
checked the front brakes and the cylinders were completely shot they were not even working so off to white post for new sleeves and they came back perfect.. the rubber lines were looking past there life so got all new 4 lines and rear cylinders from jack.. then I started to look at the treadlevac popped the cap and looked inside and what a bummer filled with sludge and checked the vacuum lines and one was full of of brown nasty brake fluid (a great way to check I found out later).. so that had blown a seal and was shot so after looking around all the usual guys were swamped so I sent the treadlevac to Brake materials and parts in Fort Wayne.. great guy super helpful talked me through everything.. my unit had a sleeve but had become detached somehow and pretty much ate itself up.. and causing a big vacuum leak..and he also has a brake shoe pad service with some new space age material. All came back great like new and on time...install was pretty easy just hot and sweaty.. now my brakes are super not disc brake super but 5000 pound 1956 super.. so to end a long story I foolishly struggled with poor brakes for a couple years and for around $1000 and Sweat equity it was worth it..

jdsnoddy
07-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Bill:
Hearty congrats. Who is your source in Fort Wayne for the brake pads? Cheers. John

Xon
07-16-2020, 12:12 PM
Brake materials and parts inc
Fort Wayne Indiana
Great guy