PDA

View Full Version : Brake Brass Distribution Block

Conti
04-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Does anybody know if the front brass distribution block for the brake lines is still available?
The fitting of the rubber line that goes from the master cylinder down to the distribution block seems the be seized into the block. Before I propably mess up that block I would like to have a spare one here.2015120152

lld
04-21-2020, 05:23 PM
I haven't seen one for sale. You would think that they would have used a standard FORD part but I noticed there is a 404.... brake junction part mentioned in the parts book. It's not clear if that is the one in question. If necessary, I think you could adapt one from another car. It appears to be a 4 line junction with a bracket attachment. I think all the lines are 3/8-24 but I have never checked.

Might check with lincolnmark or Mark II Enterprises to see if they have a used one.

Larry

jimgnj
04-21-2020, 11:46 PM
lincolnfarm <lincolnfarm@atlanticbb.net>

parts out over 150 cars. Sent me hard to find stuff.

Conti
04-22-2020, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the response, will contact them.
To adapt one from another car may be difficult - 4 way junctions are rare (only used on one circuit brake systems) and the direction the hardlines are connected to the block can not differ much.

Attached is a copy from the parts book - maybe these blocks have also been used on the T-Birds?!

jimgnj
04-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Please post if you are successful with the FARM. I thought they were great to deal with, really great. I think literally they have a real farm and on the farm they have Lincolns too. The guy called back at night said he'd look for my requested part when he had time...called me back, found it, quoted a price and sent it ASAP. Great folks.... I was just looking I don't think they have a web site but I did provide the e-mail...here is the phone number.: 814 448 9311 Calvin PA. They are in Hemmings too under parts, but I don't see a web address just e-mail and phone. I vouch for em.

lld
04-23-2020, 12:12 PM
The T-bird front junction block appears to be a 3-line connection with an opening for the brake light switch.

Larry

Conti
04-23-2020, 01:26 PM
I asked Lincolnfarm, Mark II Enterprises and Lincoln/Mercury Old Parts Store - all of them had the block (the rear also) - not new but good used ones. The response was very quick from all of them - at the end I ordered one from Lincoln/Mercury Old Parts Store and funnily enough as soon as I have placed my order I got a call from a friend that he has one leftover from his MKII. :)

Jack Bowser
04-24-2020, 10:53 AM
Put some penetrating oil on it and let it sit for a day. maybe heat it up a couple of times so it expands and contracts enough to break it loose.

Conti
04-25-2020, 04:05 AM
I removed the block with two brake lines still attached to the block. One steel line was corroded into the block but with the help of a vice and some heat I was able to remove the line. The other fitting (from the flex line) was not only corroded into the block but also covered with paint - cleanded everything with thinner and with the help of a torch I could remove that fitting.

Everything is back in the car now but I was not able to change the left front brake line as the fitting at the end of the steel line is badly damaged. Someone must have tighten that fitting with pliers. New stainless steel lines are on the way but sitting at customs since two weeks :(