PDA

View Full Version : Looking to locate this car

Robert McGuire
09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Katherine and Leland Viley Mark II bought new at Berl Berry Lincoln Dealership in Mission Ks. The great grandson is trying to find this car any help would be so very appreciated Thank You so much!

jdsnoddy
09-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Robert:
Thanks for these pics. I think this could be the specifications:
Original Owners were: Katherine and Leland Viley
Subsequently owned by: Dr. Gary Hodson
Purchased at Berl Berry Lincoln Dealership in Mission, KS (AKA Berl Berry Motors)
A/C nostrils in the fenders so definitely 1956 model (before June 1956) we know 3148 (and below?) had nostrils (3155 does not have nostrils)
Original Invoice Specifications - 01-1F4M
or 01-S
Continental Color: Black
Trim: Deep Red Leather Seat Biscuits, Medium Gray Seat Bolsters w/Deep Red Welts
Looks as if the Front and Rear Seat Belts were dealer installed after the sale.
Tinted Glass
Front Bumper With Lic. Plate
Air Conditioning

I am baffled. I cannot find in DSO cars, or in Registry, or in Production Trim Detail. Looks like you need to go to the KS DMV and see if they have any records. Sorry. John

Joseph Stebbins
09-25-2018, 07:24 PM
The seat belts and thus the DSO may be added at the dealer. Was Berl Berry Lincoln part of a chain?

Robert McGuire
09-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Thanks Guys I will check DMV and continue digging . I will check with the great grandson and have him continue to dig . This car was very well maintained so its out there . Respray in early seventies by grandson !

Joseph Stebbins
09-26-2018, 03:49 PM
The seat belt buckles look to be painted deep red. The NOS FOMOCO ones I have seen are polished aluminum. Here is a picture of some NOS Rotunda belts from 1962-1968. Note the coloured latch and chrome pivot pin. I think the belts are added...18946

jdsnoddy
09-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Was Berl Berry Lincoln part of a chain?

Yes, Berl Berry had these locations: "(1) Berl Berry was a Kansas City Based Missouri Lincoln-Mercury Dealer who had dealerships (2) in Kansas, City, North Kansas City, Mission, Kansas, & Los Angeles. Berry's Los Angeles Lincoln Dealership was at 3700 Wilshire Boulevard." AKA: Berl Berry Motors