PDA

View Full Version : 1956 mark ii bonnet issue

rob douglas
09-25-2018, 01:28 AM
Hi ,Im in NewZealand and am hoping someone can help me out with a question I have. Im working on a mark 2 with a sagging bonnet.Ive had new bonnet springs made and Ive just noticed that while looking at the hinge from the side by the fender the top hinge pin appears to be slotted.Is this supposed to be like this or is it flogged out?I have repaired a lot of bonnet hinges and springs but have never seen this before.It is the same on both sides .Thanks Rob Douglas NewZealand

Joseph Stebbins
09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Sounds completely shot to me. Drill it out and drill new larger hole for bigger pins. The problem of having a bonnet long enough to play a game of football on...

rob douglas
09-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Thanks Joseph,thats what i thought.I just had not worked on a lincoin before and thought maybe the hinge was supposed to be like this .The holes look perfect like a long slot.Rob

Joseph Stebbins
09-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Here are picture of a hinge. The only slotted connections are at the connection to the hood not the pivots. Note the small round (1/8") holes we drilled through the hinge and hood before we removed the hood so we can re- align and get close during installation.