PDA

View Full Version : Special Products Division roster

Barry Wolk
05-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Before it was the Continental Division it was the Special Products Division. It was housed in the recently closed Ford Trade School and Legions facility where young boys were groomed to work in Henry Ford's factories and foundries. The Trade School was on the northeast corner of the World Headquarters building, then under construction.

About 3 years ago I was in contact with Elmer Rohn's widow. I asked if there were any members of the original group of employees still alive. She hooked me up with Beth Cook, former office manager for Doug McClure, Sales Manager for Continental. Beth married a man named Fordyce, who ended up running the upholstery shop in the new plant.

Beth gave me an original summary of Continental Division employees. They weren't even close to production and had hundreds of workers in all facets of design/build. Nearly 50 people worked on the Retractable program.

Note that the Lincoln Division is listed nowhere in the document. One would think that they would at the very least have a liaison with Lincoln, but this seems to prove that that was not the case.

Enjoy!