PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Mark II !!!!

Shelly Harris
04-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Attention potential buyers of a Mark II and those who always wanted one.

For whatever reason, (whether its current political, economic or international events) I'm detecting a lull in the market on good driver quality Mark IIs that are not getting sold. This is temporary as there is always going to be a market for our rare car.. but currently that market is very quiet of buyers. I'm not talking about 100 pt Museum cars... but if you ever wanted a nice driver now is the time to be in the market. It's only temporary so don't wait too long as markets adjust. Wise buyers can take advantage of sellers that HAVE TO sell now and there are always some of them around. Good Luck at gettiing a bargain driver!. All this is my opinion only ... no guarantee of accuracy given or implied.

brainman
04-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I saw a Mark that I'm interested in, but I can't decipher the Body code. It didn't follow any examples:
Body Code: D19-S437-1A1A-N
Thanks.....I tried to attach a screenshot but it didn't show

Shelly Harris
04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
#1627 is a 100 pt car per 3 different shows judging. Sold yesteray at Barret-Jackson No Reserve Auction $102,300. (thanks Dave)

IMHO a buyer who was looking for that perfect of a museum piece stole that car!

SLK
04-16-2018, 10:00 AM
3686 looked like a good place to start. The auction closed at $12,110 for a car with original interior and some metal work done on the outside. A thorough cleaning to the interior should bring that back quite a bit. The description said it rolled, but didn't have brakes. Wheel cylinders should be replaced along with all the rubber brake lines, but that's easy. If you won the auction, please keep us posted on your progress.

Mark II Seeker
04-16-2018, 10:26 AM
#1627 is a 100 pt car per 3 different shows judging. Sold yesteray at Barret-Jackson No Reserve Auction $102,300. (thanks Dave)

IMHO a buyer who was looking for that perfect of a museum piece stole that car!

Interesting that it sold a few years ago for $86,300. the owner did okay in my opinion. I don't think that BJ is the right venue for a Mark II. There sweet spot seems to be muscle, pickups and restomods.