PDA

View Full Version : TWO QUESTIONS---FAMOUS owner MK II's- & -SPECIAL EQUIPMENT MK II's

DONROY
03-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Being a newbie a lot of questions pop into my head. These are more curiosity questions then anything else. I'm sure they've been answered before.
#1 We all know most of the famous Mk II owners, but have all these Marks been located? Are any in the Forum?
#2 Decades ago I read somewhere when ordered, the owners these cars could have any possible special accessories they wanted. Two I remember were Gold Plated Hubcaps and I guess a Texas rancher that had bull horns instead of the hood ornament. TRUE?
Any others known?
I'm interested in the fun facts!!!

jdsnoddy
03-30-2018, 09:27 PM
please check out "The Mark II database" at the very bottom of this forum. Very interesting info which answers your curiosity. Enjoy. John

DONROY
03-31-2018, 08:54 AM
Thanks John, Still navigating the site...

Barry Wolk
05-23-2018, 07:34 PM
There were no factory-installed bull horns. WCF's fine esthetics would have made his head explode had that happened. However, probably the most unusual factory option was the leather headliner factory-installed in Elvis' Mark II. These were pretty sedate cars. None were terribly garish. No customization was necessary.