PDA

View Full Version : OK, another question from DONROY (newbie) that probably most members already know !!!

DONROY
03-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Somewhere (I think) during the 1956 production they stopped using the exterior A/C vents. I thought these were so cool looking. (I think a friend got a set from a parts and they were solid brass). If so what was the last serial number to use them? Anyone know why they were discontinued and where the later models fresh air came from?

Nick DeSpirito
03-22-2018, 06:20 AM
Customers were complaining of getting water in their trunks. They were deleted in May of 1956.

Joseph Stebbins
03-22-2018, 09:08 AM
Later AC models connected a flexible hose to the rocker panel under the door and then another to the fresh air vent duct diverter in the front fender - this allowed them to delete the quarter panel intakes and the knob and linkage at the package tray.

jdsnoddy
03-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Somewhere (I think) during the 1956 production they stopped using the exterior A/C vents. I thought these were so cool looking. (I think a friend got a set from a parts and they were solid brass).

Please note the original nostrils were made of bronze, not brass, so that they could be more easily brazed into the rear fenders. John

DONROY
03-22-2018, 09:02 PM
John, Thank you for your answer. Puts my mind to rest..

DONROY
03-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info. Interesting they were only in production for 7 or 8 months...