PDA

View Full Version : Grill in kick panel?

Matt Cashion
12-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Should there be a grill to cover this air outlet in the kick panel? I've seen pictures of many nice Mark II's without any trim over this opening and the other day I saw a video of one with chrome grills over these holes.
Also I find that the chrome trip plate under the left taillight does not have hole for the clip that I do not have, and I've seen in pictures of other Mark II's.
There are holes in the body under this chrome plate where a clip would attach. Any ideas why no holes in chrome plate?

Doc
12-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Ours did not come with any grill over the air outlet in front of the door; been quizzed on occasion by show judges, but there was never anything there. Also no chrome plate under the taillight; just regular body color finish.

Shelly Harris
12-01-2017, 08:22 PM
There is no grill there... it is wide open for air to continue through the door to the rear seats where there is a grill.

Bob Barger
12-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Also I find that the chrome trip plate under the left taillight does not have hole for the clip that I do not have, and I've seen in pictures of other Mark II's.
There are holes in the body under this chrome plate where a clip would attach. Any ideas why no holes in chrome plate?

The plate has been fabricated by someone, I guess to keep from scratching the paint. I'll post a picture showing the clip you mentioned. The mounting hole is under that plate.