PDA

View Full Version : VIN Stamp location

Ryan Furman
06-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the VIN is stamped on the body of the car (looking for verification aside from the data plate)? thanks.

lincoln mark
06-13-2017, 07:24 AM
On top of the frame, at the front, known as "the horn", as that's the where the front part of the frame sticks out. I am sorry but I am drawing a blank as to what side, drivers or passenger side. You may be lucky enough to find it looking down from under the hood, behind the rad support. Again on TOP of the frame.

jdsnoddy
06-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the VIN is stamped on the body of the car (looking for verification aside from the data plate)? thanks.

Look at this thread and see the attachment of "explanation of the registry history fields."

http://www.markiiforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7368&d=1361058590

Specifically, (b) on the front left side of the frame under the voltage regulator
(c) on the top of the frame forward of the left rear wheel
(d) on the rear rail of the frame under the trunk floor

Drive Junk
11-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Found mine there, a friend who owned one found his there as well. It is on the inboard (lower of the 2 halves of the welded rail?) half of the frame horn. Fortunately, mine passed the out of state inspection required here with a minimum of hassles. Very courteous inspector. A welcome change from past experiences.