PDA

View Full Version : Engraved names on Mark II owners manuals

lld
07-15-2016, 07:48 PM
When I looked in the glovebox of #1459 today, there was a black hardcover book that appears to be an owners manual. I do not know whether it is the original manual for this car. It has a full name in gold lettering on the front cover. Is this typical of a Mark II owners manual?

Larry

Pat Marshall
07-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Some Mark II Manuals had the name of the original owner printed in gold on the front of the manual. I don't know if cars with the purchaser's name engraved on the carpet nameplate also had the name placed on the owners manual or not.

Our records show that 1459 only has "Continental" engrave on its nameplate, and we have no original owner information. Whose name is printed on your owners manual?

I have been accumulating owners manuals over the years and only have two with names on them. One came with one of my cars and another is engraved with "Mr. Stewart Granger".

Motion Picture Star Stewart Granger was the original owner of 1806. Other than the Dealer Invoice we have no information on that cars history.

I'm wondering if any members have matching names on their owners manual and the carpet nameplate. I have never seen a discussion of, or any information about names on owners manuals, this could be interesting.

lld
07-16-2016, 07:44 AM
No name on the Continental Plate.

On the book

DR. R. U. LIGHT

Perhaps an MD that was always a little late matching a raise in poker?

Larry

legrandfromage
07-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Being a lifelong collector/trader of Lincoln material, I recall having back in the 80's the Mark II owner manual engraved 'T. O. Yntema'. He was Ford's Financial VP at the time of the Mark II, I believe. That manual was sold, but I hope it ended up with the right car!!