PDA

View Full Version : 2458 - Welcome Paul

Joseph Stebbins
08-22-2015, 12:19 PM
I was looking at the Newest Member marker and see that you own 2458 which has been off the radar since 1984! If you get a chance post some pics and see if you can get us the Data plate number, body tag number, engine serial number and if there is a name on the carpet plate what that is as well.

Thanks!

Abombkustom
08-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Thank you!
This one is in real rough shape. There is no vin tag. No carpet tag, And no floors for that matter. The vehicle is on the original chassis and thats where i found the #s. I will do my best to get all the numbers i can find. I picked up this gem from a buddys back yard. I had been eyeing it for about 6 years now. He claimed he found it in a salvage yard and bought it from there.

Sean Rollins
08-22-2015, 10:12 PM
I guess a warning post before pictures then. Gives time to ready ourselves. All joking aside, it would be nice to see another one saved.

Joseph Stebbins
08-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Well you are at the right place for parts and expertise! I am sure there are a number of folks here to help you on your quest!

Abombkustom
08-23-2015, 03:22 PM
I was able to find the name plate on the only patch of floor left. It had another name taped to it over the original owner. Pretty cool!! I attached the picture

Pat Marshall
08-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Paul!

At the end of 1984 The Lincoln and Continental Owners Club dropped over 400 cars (including #2458) from its member/car roster, we refer to these as being members of the class of '84.

We always make note whenever one of these graduates surfaces. So. we welcome your 2458!

2458's history in our Registry has been updated with the information that you have provided and with what we found in our additional research since you joined the Forum.

Here is the link to your cars revised history:

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=17298#post17298

When you open the history you will see some items that are marked with ????'s. This is information that we are requesting that you provide. Also we value pictures of members cars, even those needing a lot of help.

RL Chilton
08-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Yes, Paul, we all love pictures of all Mark II's. Welcome to the forum, I'm sure it will be a wealth of information in maintaining your car.

Abombkustom
08-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Well, Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have uploaded a few pictures of my vehicle....All the help is welcome hahaha

Joseph Stebbins
09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Well, Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have uploaded a few pictures of my vehicle....All the help is welcome hahaha

We have seen worse come back. So do not think you can't do it! Shop here first for parts there are a number of guys out there with parts and parts cars so ask!

Thanks for sharing!

Joseph