PDA

View Full Version : Ford Lover from Germany says Hello!

GTfastbacker
07-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Hi,
i am Joe, 48, from Germany.
Fords are my passion, i do own actually 7 1966 Galaxies and LTDs from rare Custom 500 2Door FE up to 7Litre Convertible,
a 65 T-5 Mustang Convertible and a 67 Fastback GT plus a 68 Mercury 427 GT-E.

For many years i drove as daylie a MarkVIII and since a friend here in Germany owns a 57 MKII i falling in love for these beautifull designed car. As Hobby we drive a lot of Vintage Car Rallyes, so i like to add this real classic car to my Collection.
2 years ago i was in purchase act to buy a golden colored 56 from california (sorry, dont remember #) but dont finish the deals since i was not sure its the right deal.
Now i will restart my search for a nice 57 and hope to get some support from these nice forum.

Thank you an advance
Joe

Joseph Stebbins
07-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Good Luck on the hunt! There have been a number of Marks advertised on the forum that are in Europe.

Thanks,

Joseph

GTfastbacker
07-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Good Luck on the hunt! There have been a number of Marks advertised on the forum that are in Europe.

Thanks,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

since i shipped all my Cars from US by myself i am looking for a Car from US also. I hope the there are more selection.
The hunt for my GT-E takes 15 years, i be patient. ;)

Best regards
Joe

mastersg
07-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Hello---would you consider a nice 1956 Mark II or is the 57 it?

GTfastbacker
07-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Hello---would you consider a nice 1956 Mark II or is the 57 it?

I will prefer the 57 because for the 4bbl, but if there comes a nice 56 its okay too ;-)

Sean Rollins
07-28-2015, 08:00 AM
They all came with a 4bbl, just different brands.

Joseph Stebbins
07-28-2015, 08:55 AM
They all came with a 4bbl, just different brands.

Also, it was (and is) very common at the time to upgrade the earlier cars to the newer Carter WCFB and matching distributor. The Continental Division originally say the car as being continually updated not changing for model years so changes were madras improvements came out.

So you have a change in trunk hinges from scissor hinges to torsion bars, and then a change in AC fresh air intake and the like...

They were forced by a lawsuit to actually have a 1957 model year - but they never changed the prefix on the VINs - all cars are C56's...