PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a lowly MarkII-less noob.

chadleys1
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello to all and congratulations to all owners of the gorgeous Mark II,

I am newly registered and currently on the lookout for a Mark II to purchase. I live just outside of Austin Texas, and am happy to be a member of this fine webgroup.

I hope to post again soon with more interesting news regarding my hunt for a Mark II.

Thanks ,

-Chadley

Shelly Harris
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Welcome Chadley... we all hope there's a Mark II soon in your life.

linmk2
04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello fellow Texan. Good luck on your quest to find your Mark II. I've owned mine for almost 30 years. Each time I think perhaps its time for it to move on to a new owner, I see how great looking the car is and the thought passes. Watch this site. Some pop up for sale.

Barry Wolk
04-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Best advice is to spend more than you want to and buy something that's done, and sorted out. Restorers, for the most part, just put the cars back together and leave it to the next owner to sort out.

If you've never seen the movie "The Money Pit" you must rent it as a prerequisite to restoration of a Mark II.

They are very inexpensive to maintain as all the mechanical bits are out of the Lincoln parts bin.

We've covered a lot of subjects here. Use the search tool to answer common questions, but feel free to post any of your remaining questions here. We've got a pretty strong core of hands-on knuckle-busters that can help you along the way.

lindachelena
04-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Chadley,

I tried to send you a private message. But since this is the first time I've attempted this, don't know if I did it right or not. If you didn't get a message emailed from me, post a message here that you didn't get it, and I'll try again.
Thanks,
Al Chelena