PDA

View Full Version : Another Canadian Owner

pocomarkii
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Hello everyone.
We just happened upon this site and find it to be a great wealth of information.
We have tried to find out any information on this car for many years, and hope this site will help us out.
I've looked in the data base but find no information on our car. Could anyone help us out? I have the following VIN and codes:

C5691192
SPEC-3H1C-98-X

Again, it's a pleasure to have found this site.
Look forward to any help too!

Shelly Harris
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Welcome, great to have you on board.

Doc
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I think I can help a little with your codes. The indication would be that your car was manufactured on Sept. 8, 1955. It would be number 206 of all the cars made, based on what is believed to be the production sequence. That would generally mean it was one of the early "introductory units" sent to dealers to attract potential buyers, but the "SPEC" in the code suggests to me that maybe it was a special order paint. Maybe someone else on the Forum can provide more insight on what that code means? The interior was matelasse biscuits in in deep blue, medium blue leather bolsters, and deep blue welting. If it was a special order, the first owner's name might be engraved on the "Continental" script plate on the transmission hump.

Barry Wolk
04-23-2010, 05:27 PM
The only note that would make it a SPEC is that it's listed as an export.

There were no DSOs before serial number 1281.

1192 was probably an Introductory Unit for Canada. I'll see if I can find an original owner, but it's doubtful with the IUs.

Shelly Harris
05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
....although not all Mark II owners are members (LCOC) the chances are that most are members.

I disagree. Many more are not. Four magazines and little else for $49 a year -- don't expect a rush.

Barry Wolk
05-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I concur. There are probably 1,200 or so that are not members, Gary. Can't blame them, there's more support here than there ever was from the LCOC.:(

Ian Cowie
05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I did a quick analysis of the MKII Database PDF file:
22 present Canadian owners listed.

4-BC, 8-AB, 1-SK, 9-ON.
(I noticed one owner is listed for 2 cars ... E2887 and E2987, but as the VINs are so similar, likely a typo so that should be confirmed by the owner?)

crystal59
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Makes sense Barry. I joined LCOC at suggestion of previous owner but now only for the magazine looking for parts etc. Not much information there. Gary

pocomarkii
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I think I can help a little with your codes. The indication would be that your car was manufactured on Sept. 8, 1955. It would be number 206 of all the cars made, based on what is believed to be the production sequence. That would generally mean it was one of the early "introductory units" sent to dealers to attract potential buyers, but the "SPEC" in the code suggests to me that maybe it was a special order paint. Maybe someone else on the Forum can provide more insight on what that code means? The interior was matelasse biscuits in in deep blue, medium blue leather bolsters, and deep blue welting. If it was a special order, the first owner's name might be engraved on the "Continental" script plate on the transmission hump.

Thanks Doc and Barry for that and sorry to take so long in replying. Been busy.

There is no name engraved, so thats no help for us.

As for the interior colouring, does anyone have a picture of the different colours? I am most curious in seeing what some interiors had.

Being in Vancouver, I also see there is a member in New West, (Gary?). would love to maybe chat one day?

Barry/Doc, how do you find the info out that you come up with?

Thanks again for all the help.

Barry Wolk
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I just happen to have the Benson Ford Research Center nearly in my back yard, and the Mark II was built here.

pocomarkii
11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Ah, I see, that is very convenient for you and all of us!

Barry Wolk
11-18-2010, 03:23 PM
It's also convenient that I happen to live near the family of one of the engineers that worked on the Mark II project, as well as many old-time Ford employees. They have been a treasure trove of information. We also have the Spillman Library that houses an astounding automotive collection. William Clay Ford is even somewhat accessible. I got him to commit to speak at the LCOC National meet in Michigan next year. The information is out there.

crystal59
11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Get them on tape if you can Barry. Priceless information. Gary