PDA

View Full Version : Vin 1079

Swmarkii
02-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I just purchased c5681079 from a private collection. The car is still museum quality . It is 01 black with the deep red leather interior which in the authenticity manual, was the " b" style interior. I have seen many 55/57 continentals, but this is the first I have seen in this style. The car has 42k miles. I do have a copy of the production order, and as it was built August 55, it was shipped September 17, 55 to Palo Alto Auto Sales, in Palo Alto, Ca. Which was part of the Oakland sales district. Also, on the PO, in the remarks section it does state that this was an "Introductory Unit". Any help with looking to see who the first purchaser of this car would be appreciated! Thanks, Mike

Shelly Harris
02-17-2015, 06:10 PM
That sounds like a terrific car. Congrats and good luck. Pictures please

Wolfman
02-17-2015, 07:52 PM
I'd love to see some pics of this beauty

rfm45
02-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Mike,

Congratulations on what sound like a great find.
Welcome to the Forum.

RL Chilton
02-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum. Post some pics when you get a chance, please. We all love pics!

mastersg
02-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Welcome to you! I would say that a museum quality Mark II in that color combination has to be one Gorgeous specimen of the species!! It must look like the picture above all links on the forum. (see above)

Mark II Seeker
02-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the Forum, I'm sure you will find it to be a wealth of information.

Please post some pictures so we can all see your new acquisition.

Joseph Stebbins
02-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Welcome aboard. Like others here I'd love to see some pictures!

Pat Marshall
02-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Mike, welcome to the Forum!

I have updated the history of 1079 with the information that you have provided. Here is the link!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=40356

You asked for Forum help regarding identifying the original owner of your car. As you can see the only information that we have for 1079's owners is a 1996 Idaho DMV Registration and you.

However, building a car history sometimes involves taking multiple bits of information from various sources, following on leads and building on them to make a history.

At this point you are the most promising source of information. More specifically, what did the prior owner tell you about the car's history? How long had he/she owned the car? Where and from whom was the car purchased? Did you get any historical documentation on the car? (titles, receipts, vehicle inspections?). Any scrap of information could be helpful and we might be able to build from there!

linmk2
02-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing some photos.