PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!

Jason Arata
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
My name is Jason. I must say I discovered this car about a week ago when doing some research on a 61' I had never seen a 56 continental, but when I did, I fell for it hard. I started looking everywhere for a fixer, but then thought my first purchase should be in better condition, due to the restoration cost. I found a car, but would like to get some feedback on it before I make an offer. I received pics today, itís nice, but I was not sure if the interior was original (had cloth inserts) the owner claimed it was reupholstered exactly light the original. The VIN # is C56E2891, I would appreciate any insight. I look forward to joining this community, and will keep everyone posted. Tried to post pics but got an error saying a security token was missing. I will post pics when I figure it out

Thanks

Jason

Doc
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Jason - Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you got hooked quickly. Many of the cars had cloth inserts (biscuits) in their original upholstery--two different fabrics were used, plus there were a variety of custom ordered interiors. There is a code on the door plate (driver's side, front door post) that indicates the original interior, paint code, date of production, etc. If you get that number, we can tell you what the original upholstery was.

Barry Wolk
04-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes, look up the car in the data base. It will give you all the code numbers.

linmk2
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome. If possible, post the pictures when you receive them.