PDA

View Full Version : 3300 car repairs and parts

Doug Johnson
01-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone, i work for a repair/restoration shop in texas,we have a customer that owns a 1956 model. I am trying to find some items for his car,we are currently working on it, the car has been sitting for over 25 years, so needless to say it is in need of alot! The main item we need at this time is a new fuel tank

Doc
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Check the "sticky" on vendors under the Forum heading for "Marketplace." The primary vendors for Mark II parts are listed there. Jack Rosen at Mark II Enterprises probably has the biggest stock of new and used parts; their catalog is available on-line.

Pat Marshall
01-13-2015, 06:28 PM
1. Are you looking for a fuel tank or a new fuel tank?

2. Would you please give us the VIN for the car, so we can update our records. If you don't want to give the owners name, that's fine. We are trying to account for as many cars as possible.

Doug Johnson
01-15-2015, 05:15 PM
C5613300, either new tank or clean used one!

Joseph Stebbins
01-15-2015, 07:47 PM
C5613300, either new tank or clean used one!

Awesome! Pat has no info on your car since invoice! We love finding these!

As far as the tank goes have you tried Lincoln Mercury Old Parts or Mark II Enterprises? I know of one member who fabricated one from a "universal gas tank kit" and there have to be others who have parts cars with one. Good hunting!

Doug Johnson
01-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info,i have been talking to jack and he wasnt sure what he could find for a tank,checking out the registry was cool!,as now we know what color the car is supposed to be! Customer swears it was white originally? Claimed he had it painted blue many years ago? (he is on the older side!) so far we have estimated around 45-60k to restore back to mostly original condition.

Pat Marshall
01-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Doug, The Registry History had been updated with the information which you have provided. Here's the link.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=18263#post18263

We include pictures of the way the car would have appeared when new with each history.

Also please note the ????'s in the history. This is all information that you can provide by inspecting the car. If you will provide this information I will send you a copy of the original invoice.