PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me where this goes?

Olyguy
08-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Can one of the members please tell me where this star goes? I have two of them and cannot find anything in any of the manuals that shows where these go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The quarter is for size comparison. Star is smaller than the hood star by a little bit.

jdsnoddy
08-06-2014, 02:43 PM
If it goes on a Mark II at all, it looks as if it is one of the fender badges without the gold roman numeral II. The badges go on each of the front fenders behind the front wheels and before the door post at the bottom.
This is my best guess. Good luck. John

Olyguy
08-06-2014, 03:29 PM
It is possible since I did not get the gold star with the two roman numberals in the boxes of parts. I have since purchased those, but these remained a mystery. Is it possible that the very early cars had this type of insignia? Probably someone just changed the original with this one from a later year perhaps...

Olyguy
08-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the lead on this part. It looks like what we got as a fender emblem is actually the side roof emblem from about 1961 through 1969.

RL Chilton
08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the lead on this part. It looks like what we got as a fender emblem is actually the side roof emblem from about 1961 through 1969.

I believe you've got it!

Joseph Stebbins
08-06-2014, 06:25 PM
That is correct! It is not a Mark II part - I have seen it added to the roof panel on occasion but is is not original.

Bob Barger
08-06-2014, 07:41 PM
It is possible since I did not get the gold star with the two roman numberals in the boxes of parts. I have since purchased those, but these remained a mystery. Is it possible that the very early cars had this type of insignia? Probably someone just changed the original with this one from a later year perhaps...

They must have been used in place of the correct fender emblems cause they are not Mark II parts.