PDA

View Full Version : 1330 * New member here,hello from upstate NewYork!!!

Joe Andrews
07-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Hello everyone,I am a new member here and I am in the process of restoring a 1956 mark II with my father,the car has some rust and rot underneath the back seats due to a leak the car had from the previous owner,my question is if there is a business that has replacement pans for that area of the car,where we can just remove the rusted pan and weld a new one in its place?,thanks for your help,I'm sure I'll be on here quite often getting tips and advise from all of you! :) have a great day everyone!��

Wolfman
07-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Welcome Joe
There are no replacement pans, you will have to fabricate them or find a used pan from a parts car

Sean Rollins
07-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Most local hot rod shops that build customs can help you out. If they can fabricate firewalls and floorpans for their creations they can make a patch panel. You will probably need to cut out the section and bring it to them for a working template. Good luck with your car!

Pat Marshall
07-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I have updated 1330's Registry with this new information. It would be very helpful if you could provide information about the cars prior owners.

Also if possible could you provide information for the fields marked with ????'s?

Here is the Link to 1330's revised history.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=37916#post37916

Pat Marshall

Joe Andrews
07-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info everyone I really appreciate it!...Pat I will get you as much info as I can from what I know and from the paperwork that my Father has,we purchased the vehicle in 1998-99 and it has been in my Fathers garage ever since,the original owner of the vehicle was a doctor residing in Los Angeles,it was a special order two tone paint job with white upper and grey lower with air conditioning,the second owner is who we purchased it from,I would like to find out who the original owner was too,I will be visiting my parents today and I will gather more information for you! Thank You so much for all of your help thus far,I'm sure as we dig deeper into this restoration I will be on here quite often looking for advise,tips,and information as we go!...Thanks again everyone! Joe.

Matt Cashion
07-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the Forum-- You will find it a great resource as you proceed with your project. I'm in Utica so we're almost neighbors.

Pat Marshall
07-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Joe, When I visit the benson ford research center I will check the
Production order for 1330. It probably was an introductory unit' so there won't be a customer listed, but at least we'll find the original dealers name and location

Pat

Joe Andrews
07-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi Matt, nice to meet you!,yes we practically are neighbors...Thanks Pat!..that would be awesome,any other info I can get related to this vehicle would be great,I am very interested in finding out as much about the history of this car as I can,I know that my Dad has some of the paperwork from the second owner who originally purchased it in California from the original owner,so we are the third owners of this beauty,as soon as I obtain more info I will be sure to post it for you...Thanks everyone!..any and all help I receive is very much appreciated! 👍

Joseph Stebbins
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Has your father gone over that interior?

Joe Andrews
07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
We haven't gone over the interior yet,we are just getting started on it, he does have new upholstered front and back seats for it that he purchased awhile back and a lot of other new as well as used miscellaneous parts set aside for when we began the restoration...we have our work cut out for us but it will be well worth it,this past weekend we aired up the tires,dusted it off,pulled it out of the garage and cleaned it out along with a good washing and haven't been able to think of too much other than getting this beauty restored,I'm really looking forward to it!

linmk2
07-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Glad you joined. Looking forward to the photos.

SLK
01-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Welcome aboard. We'll have to all get together in Old Forge once it's all done.

Ralf Nygard
01-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi,this is what I had to fix.A lot of welding but anybody with
a mig welder can do it.As you can see I had to open up the crossbeam to get to the body-frame fix points.And this
car had lived in sunny CA.

Roger Zimmermann
01-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Nice work Ralf!

Don Henschel
01-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Ah yes the infamous rust and rot under the back seat. I haven't noticed any by looking underneath my car and someday I will get brave enough to pull my back seat out and hopefully I won't be poking a hornets nest! Since I don't see anything underneath and my air conditioning hasn't worked for many years hopefully it never got a chance to rust! Between searching, finding, and hoarding parts for the A/C hopefully that will be working someday. Welcome to the forum and good luck with that one Joe!