PDA

View Full Version : N. Ca New Member

superConti
06-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Hello,
I've always liked these cars and a few are available nearby. I'm actually looking for my Dad. We've been looking on and off at several non MII cars but nothing yet. I own a few older cars and know how important it is to learn BEFORE buying. So here I am. Great site with tons of info here.
What I've learned so far.

1. Watch for frame rust
2. AC is the only option
3. Hubcaps are expensive

Thanks,

Raul

Joseph Stebbins
06-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Raul,

Many cars were ordered with additional "options" such as the automatic headlight dimmer, Directed Power Differential, Seat belts and more. Also be on the lookout for outrageous trims such as Mouton Fur carpets, monograms and special order paints.

Good luck!

Doc
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

As Joseph notes, there were a number of "options," but air is the one that most people are aware of and/or look for when they're searching for a car. The overhead interior vents and fender inlets (AKA "nostrils" on the early cars) definitely made the AC a notable and desirable feature.

Hubcaps are expensive, but so are virtually all the other parts and trim pieces. Another thing you'll learn from this site as you continue to read through it--buy the most complete car you can find/afford. You'll see that advice in multiple posts from those of us who have learned the hard way...

superConti
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Thank you for all the replies and tips. Ill keep those in mind.

One of the cars Im thinking about has ac but no headliner vents. The ac is in the trunk and a dealer option. Should I be concerned?

Sean Rollins
06-25-2014, 11:07 PM
It probably depends on your plan for the car. If you want an enjoyable driver more than a concourse show car it isn't that big of a deal. Either way the important thing is that it works correctly in my humble opinion.

Pat Marshall
06-26-2014, 07:01 AM
Hello,
I've always liked these cars and a few are available nearby.Raul

Raul, since we keep the histories of all the Mark IIs it would be VERY HELPFUL if your would post the VINs and locations of the cars which you come across!

Thanks, Pat

superConti
06-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Ok. Im hoping to see 2 cars this weekend. I'll grab the VINs.