PDA

View Full Version : 985 has a new home....introduction

Mike Messina
03-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Mike Messina and live in Scottsdale, AZ. I purchased 7985 and it's been sitting in my garage for about 2 weeks. Surprisingly, it's in fairly good shape. It's currently brown, with a brown vinyl top. She's leaving on Tuesday to start the mechanical restoration. After that, it's getting changed back to the original color. I may tweak the interior color from the original (i'm not a big lover of the color gray). The interior has seen better days. At some point someone painted the leather to brown and beige. Let the fun begin.

linmk2
03-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi Mike, welcome! We always like to see photos:). You have found the correct place to get information during your project. If you have not done so, check out the sections of the forum History, Registry, Data Base. Forum member Pat Marshall has compiled a great deal of data that is presented in those sections. Again, welcome.

Joseph Stebbins
03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Mike
First welcome aboard!

Second I think you posted an erroneous vin Mk II's never got that high. Could it be 2985?

Either way post some pics. BTW I also am ditching the battleship grey in my interior.

Mike Messina
03-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry guys I was confused how to post it. It's a pre production VIN C567985. I see, I have to refer to it as 985. FYI I crawled around in the engine today and its stamped 11. I'm assuming its engine number 11.

Joseph Stebbins
03-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry guys I was confused how to post it. It's a pre production VIN C567985. I see, I have to refer to it as 985. FYI I crawled around in the engine today and its stamped 11. I'm assuming its engine number 11.

Really cool! A preproduction car - I thought it was just a typo!