PDA

View Full Version : Restoring 2091 for a dear friend

Skeety Jim
11-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I am a retired executive of a publicly owned manufactured housing company. What I intended to be a latter life hobby has become a full-time passion. My brother asked me to build a 1969 Mustang fastback. Then I bought a 72 Cutlass Convertible, then a 71 Corvette, and a 2004 Donzi 22 Classic. Now I have taken on rebuilding a 1956 Continental Mark II for a long time friend.

I believe the car to be originally purchased by her father, Jack Comer, of Knoxville, TN. The name plate on the carpet reads: Jack Comer Valley Publishers, Inc. Knoxville, Tennessee. Mr. Comer also owned Deane Hill Country Club in Knoxville and a hotel in Daytona Beach, FL.

The car is white with brown and white interior. Mr. Comer told a story of driving the car in Memphis, TN and being swarmed by people thinking he was Elvis.

I have already gained a vast wealth of information from this group and appreciate it.

RL Chilton
11-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum! If you get a chance, post some pictures.:cool:

Pat Marshall
11-15-2013, 08:39 AM
I believe the car to be originally purchased by her father, Jack Comer, of Knoxville, TN. The name plate on the carpet reads: Jack Comer Valley Printing Company Knoxville, TN. Mr. Comer also owned Deane Hill Country Club in Knoxville and a hotel in Daytona Beach, FL.

I haven't found any history on Valley Printing Company, but I did find that he owned Valley Records - a music recording company. No proof yet that he was the original owner of 2091. Mark II carpet nameplates were frequently engraved by subsequent owners.

Do you know when the current owner assumed ownership of 2091?

Skeety Jim
12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Jack Comer died several years ago. His children have the car now. They remember their father having the car all of their lives. The oldest of them was born in 1960. I remember Valley Records. It was a small recording studio on the property of the country club, Deane Hill Country Club, that Jack Comer was the majority owner. My father recorded some records there.