PDA

View Full Version : 1831 - mooseart

mooseart
10-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I have just purchased a "barn find" and anxious to get started on cleaning it up just to see what it needs. Sold my 47 Bonanza aircraft I had for almost 30 years and decided go back to cars. I guess it would be 1831 since that was the last 4 numbers of the of the serial. The car is about a 3 a good bath and cleaning should bring it up to 5-6. then the fun begins. Mileage is 19,509 and hasn't been started since '82 however with the plugs out and oil in the cylinders it rolled over with the fan. Any suggestions will be welcome.
Thanx
Art:

linc64
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Art.
Looks like a great find! I bet it'll clean up real nice. Can't wait to hear more about it and see pictures as you progress.
We have no history for this car in the registry, so anything you can tell us about the previous owner(s) will be great.

Joseph Stebbins
10-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Cool! Pat Marshall or resident historian will want to talk to you as this car has been off the books since 1955!

Take some pics and check the breaks and rebuild the carb, fuel pump and clean out the Gas tank then see what you got! If it has the original interior try and keep it - there are plenty of tips on repairs etc.

Also if you can get the engine number, body number and the name on the carpet plate (if any)!

Welcome to the fun!

Pat Marshall
10-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the Forum, neighbor. I live in Lancaster (Ohio) only 35 miles or so from you. I'd really like to see your car.

I've updated the history for 1831 with the new information you provided.
http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=34387

Also, I'm sending you a form in separate email that asks for information that will help fill out our Registry info on 1831.

This is an interesting car since it was sold new in Zanesville, OH in 1955 and it's still there. I'd really like to see what's under all that dust.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Pat

linmk2
10-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Great find! Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Pat Marshall
10-27-2013, 09:55 AM
A further update - information on the original owner!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=34423

RL Chilton
10-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Pat-

A Lincoln Zerpher? I never done seen one a 'dem!

fcar
10-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Mooseart, congratulations!

mooseart
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Dear Mr. Chilton:
Please do not scold Pat for the name "Zerpher" in his update. He was only forwarding an intentional misprint that I sent to him. Mind you the misprint was intentional just to see what kind of a group I'm now in with. It looks like the South has a good eye, but now I am marked for life. I'll try to keep you updalted.
Art: