PDA

View Full Version : 2415 Finding Minot --George Masters Minot, ND

mastersg
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Good Morning from Minot, ND. I joined this forum because I am trying to find my old Mark II. VIN: C56C2415. It was baby blue with two tone blue leather seat sides with nylon bisquits. We bought it in 1964 in Easton, PA. It was sitting in the Lincoln-Mercury Dealer on Northampton Street. My Dad, Carson Willard Masters Jr., paid $2,995 for it and it was beautiful. I was 14 years old. I worked on it a bit, though it didn't need but minor items. We went thru exhaust systems the most. Anyway, I took my drivers test in this car. I took it to High School Prom, and just loved it. I know just about everything about this car. I have original pictures of it in our yard in Hecktown, PA. When I re-enlisted in the USAF in 1972, I bought the car from my dad. Had it at Griffiss AFB in Rome NY until my orders sent me to Minot AFB in ND. In 1978 (approx) I had the Mark II and a Corvette (63 Split Window Coupe). Both needed attention, so one had to go. The Mark II was it. I sold it to a gentleman farmer in Forest River, ND and that's the last I have seen it. If anybody knows where it is, I'l like to correspond via this site/post.

JCB
10-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Isn't it amazing that as we get older we'd rather have a rendezvous with our old cars than our old girl friends:rolleyes::D

Barry Wolk
10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
There's a lot of information on this site. When looking up the serial number of a car simply enter the last 4 digits into the search tool.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?t=4225&highlight=2415

FYI, I'd remove your phone number from the post. Too many crazies out there.

Joseph Stebbins
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Isn't it amazing that as we get older we'd rather have a rendezvous with our old cars than our old girl friends:rolleyes::D

There area ones of both I would run as fast as I can away from - like the 76 Vega woodie wagon and the girl I dated when I owned it!

Robert McGuire
10-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Hello Mr Masters, I found my 56 mark through this forum after 26years of selling it. I had no memory of who I sold it too. Lucky for me because of this forum. I put in my name and all 3 serial #s of my marks showed up. I was able to locate it and buy it from the estate of the gentlemen I sold it to. Good Luck P S My timing was prefect

Pat Marshall
10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
George, as you'll see we have no ownership history on the car since 1999 and that was from Florida DMV records.

What's really amazing is that other than information about the original owner, his involvement with F.D.R. and owning a Miami baseball team, the major source of history for this car IS YOU! That was from a survey form that you filled out 40 years ago, on November 29, 1973!

In locating the car, every bit of information helps. LCOC records show that you last reported owning the car in 1984. Is that the year you sold the car? Do you recall to whom you sold the car?

Also, do you have any pictures of 2415?

Finally, I am going to delete your similar posting in the General Thread because it is a duplicate of this one.

mastersg
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Hello, Yes, I saw that I had been logging some ownership documentation since the early '80's. I do have some very nice 8 x 10 pictures of the Mark II. Those days were prior to anything digital! Anyway, I think I have found the name of the fellow that I sold the car to. It was trailered over to Forest River, ND, back in the day. More research as the days progress. Thanks, George

linmk2
10-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Good luck George in your quest to find your Mark. I hope you find it!

mastersg
10-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks for of the encouragement! I took the plunge today and purchased the Thomas Hamilton Mark II in California. (C56B1942) It is quite similar to my original car mentioned above. Tom seemed very honest in his description of the car as a survivor, not restored, but a beautiful driver. Runs and drives great, he states, and is mechanically sound. Has new Coker radials, exhaust, brakes, re-chromed bumpers and more. The quest for me to just make it better will be a grand adventure. I am having it shipped to me in the next few weeks, as transports become available from CA. to Minot, ND. I have a restoration shop here and it will go under close scrutiny when I get it. Unfortunately, winter sets in shortly, but I will use that time to evaluate and decide what issues to tackle first. My collection currently consists of: 1) 1966 GTO, 2) 1955 Nomad, 3) 1952 MG-TD, 4) 1953 MG TD, 5) 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme conv. 6) 1956 2-10 4 door hard-top. All are in show condition and ready to go any time there isn't snow on the ground! Pictures available upon request for most of them. Thanks, and stay tuned for more to follow!!!

Pat Marshall
10-07-2013, 10:44 PM
George, congratulations on acquiring 1942. I hope you keep us up to date on your adventures with your Mark II.

The history is updated -
http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=34203

Below, for the membership, are pictures from the McCormick Palm Springs Auction #53 last year.

I couldn't resist taking some liberties with this thread's title.

mastersg
12-03-2013, 03:02 PM
`Hi Pat...Could you please send me your e-mail? I am at:
gem@min.midco.net I did a nice article I'd like you to read.

mastersg
12-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi Pat, Did you receive via e-mail, my story about growing up as a teenager with 2415? George

Pat Marshall
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
George, when did you send it?

Pat Marshall
12-30-2013, 07:56 AM
George I found it! It came in on 12/2 and somehow I missed it. I see in another thread that one of our members found it in Old Cars Weekly and started this thread.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=35124#post35124

I have added your article to that thread.

wkarson
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM
George, congratulations on buying 1942! I read your Old Cars Weekly article and readily consumed every word. :-) What a wonderful story. When you find out what happened to 2415, all will be right w/ the world.

Truly enjoyed your article and the pictures of your gorgeous car!

Best regards,

-Ward