PDA

View Full Version : new and a question

JBTC3
03-06-2010, 10:38 PM
676My name is John Campbell and I am in the process of rerestoring a Mark II that was originally done in the 90s and won some LCOC awards then. I am trying to determine if the Headliner and carpet color in the car now are correct. We found remnants of the leather and paint and such so we know we have the correct colors there. But nothing is left of the original headliner and carpet. The car was originally restored and shown by William and Mark Biche and it is an 02 color code (deep blue) with light and medium blue interior.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

John Campbell

Oh and here's a picture of me and the car at the Western Regional LCOC event last year.

Barry Wolk
03-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Do a search for Headliners. I think there was a recent discussion as to which color went with each interior.

Shelly Harris
03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Welcome John... Glad to have you on board.

From the posts previously on this subject I should have a white headliner, because my leather seats are white with white biscuits. It was stated that if there's white in your interior then the headliner should be white. Yet I'm confident I have the original headliner and it is tan with a weave or waffle pattern.

Chuck Lutz
03-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey John, Welcome to the Forum. You might know that we are compiling a Mark II Registry (Database). We add to our list as we find previously unidentified cars or find that cars have move to new owners. We previously had you and your car in the Registry but I have now noted that you are a member here. This is, of course, a high distinction as we are all really good people :rolleyes:
Now about the headliner. You and I both have the 1A1A interior. My car is a 15 medium blue. The headliner is a light blue to somewhat match the medium blue bolsters. Even though I know my interior has been redone, I believe this to be correct.

linmk2
03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the fold.:D

Doc
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
John - Welcome to the Forum. We met briefly at the Palos Verdes Concours this year--I was the guy with the black Mark II. For those outside Southern California, John is well known as a very serious "car guy." I look forward to seeing his Mark II when it's done; based on his other cars, it will undoubtedly be stunning (his 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham took first-in-class in a competitive, featured group at the PV Concours this year).

JBTC3
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Thank you all for your welcome and input. I look forward to being an active member of this forum. I am planning to have my car finished and ready to show at the Concours on the Avenue in Carmel in August.......and then to drive it frequently!

Stank-67-98
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi John,

Great to have you on board, are u planning to be in Ventura?

JBTC3
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Stan,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it. First of all, I don't think my car will be done by then. Secondly, my job has me out of town that weekend until late Friday night. So, even if the car were ready, I could only drive up to Ventura on Saturday morning.