jdsnoddy
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Morgan Hill asking $4,800

"Has Engine & Trans.
Roger (408) 202-0572. Call for questions, I do not respond to email."

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3317381314.html

ishigakisensei
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Good find. Would make a good project for a very patient person. Something that I have seen on other car sites is that members new a car for sale will go check it out to report on its condition for the rest of the forum members. That may or may not prove more difficult for Mark II members.

jdsnoddy
10-09-2012, 09:21 AM
True. We do occassionally have a volunteer in the local area personally evaluate cars for sale. Usually, we try to
E-mail the seller, inquire on the vehicle I'd number, seller's contact info, and name
Engraved on the plate underneath the console. Unfortunately, the current market, does
not economically support the rescue of every car we find. In this case, the seller refuses e-mail
Traffic. John

Bob Barger
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
I might consider taking this car if it were free, it will cost a lot of money to restore it.

Milsteads Garage
10-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Not to nitpick but it is missing all the chrome, rear bumper, windshield and back window. You'll spend about $4000 making this car complete and still be in it $9800. If 2109 can be found that could be pried loose for $8800 and it is complete. The reason why I did mine is because I could either drive 100 miles south to Axel Holm's house or 100 miles north to Russ Upton's yard and get most everything I need. You being in Japan that isn't going to be the case. Don't mean to keep beating you with this information but I know how hard it is to put a basketcase back together, in fact, talk to a guy on here by the name of "mad scientist". He had to make parts for his car because he didn't have them or couldn't find them. He did an excellent job of working with what he could find but he made the rocker trim out of wood if that tells you anything.

If you are dead set on doing a car in this shape there was one on hemmings for the same money that was about 80% complete. If anything try to talk Desert Valley down on the two they have. I get lucky occasionally but in the same token I sell them cars as well.

jdsnoddy
10-09-2012, 04:34 PM
It has been said many times on this forum, "buy the very best car you can afford and let the seller take the hit." Truer words were never spoken.
Many, many, basket cases are for sale, but, very few are economically feasible to put back together. Buyer beware.

By the way, if your interested in this basket case, I would like to call your attention to some cars on ebay which seem to be more complete and currently cost less. John

ishigakisensei
10-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Not to nitpick but it is missing all the chrome, rear bumper, windshield and back window. You'll spend about $4000 making this car complete and still be in it $9800.

There is always the restomod route that could skip on the chrome more a more svelte look....if the new owner were so inclined. I mention restomod because this car is not complete. It would be a crime to take a complete car and then modify it, but a restomod on the street is better than a ruster wasting away in some yard.

Bob Barger
10-11-2012, 12:16 PM
It has been said many times on this forum, "buy the very best car you can afford and let the seller take the hit." Truer words were never spoken.
Many, many, basket cases are for sale, but, very few are economically feasible to put back together. Buyer beware.

By the way, if your interested in this basket case, I would like to call your attention to some cars on ebay which seem to be more complete and currently cost less. John

The best car you can afford is definately the best way to go. If you can find a finished car that was well restored it will cost you far less than buying a wreck. The only qualification is you need to (or have someone) look the car over and see what the quality of the work is. You can cover a lot of problems with upholstery and bondo and paint.

Bryan Moran
11-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I agree-buy the best car. However, I am a firmly middle class income guy with all the trappings and trying to get my 401k up to speed. I can't afford anything more then $10,000 and it would be best to be under $5,000.

My issue is always completeness. I once bought a 36 Chrysler Airflow and it was missing some key parts. No one with the parts would sell.

Rust can be repaired.

jdsnoddy
08-10-2013, 02:17 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3990141078.html

$4800

1956 Lincoln Continental for sale if interested please
contact Roger at (408) 202-0572

Shawn Newcomb
08-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Is that a Stutz next to it?

Milsteads Garage
08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Huh, this car was listed as a 57 the first time around now it's listed as a 56. The body looks real good and has potential to be a good builder.

linmk2
08-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Is that a Stutz next to it?

Yep, that does appear to be a Stutz

Pat Marshall
08-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Pictures of this car appear in our thread NO VINS-MARK II's FOR SALE.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?t=6055

It would be great to find our that car's name and get it in our Registry History.

Pat Marshall
08-12-2013, 08:23 PM
It looks like the seller might be Rogelio Cevallos owner of Rogelios Custom & Classic Upholstery, 13165 Monterey Hwy, San Martin, CA 95046, (408) 202-0572.

The craigslist ad says - 1956 Lincoln Continental for sale if interested please contact Roger at (408) 202-0572.

I called and talked to "Roger", but he was difficult to understand. This is just outside of San Jose. Is any going to be in that area? I'd hate for one to fall back into the ether without getting her name.

Pat Marshall
09-11-2013, 08:38 AM
It took a few tries but I got the VIN from Roger (Rogelio).

Here's the link to the revised history!

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=16437#post16437

Images attached!

This is a very very early Mark II. Unless a magician like Mark Maramonte gets a hold of it and raises it from the dead its future isn't looking good!

Here's one we'll take out of our NO VIN Gallery.

ishigakisensei
09-12-2013, 03:10 AM
This is a very very early Mark II. Unless a magician like Mark Maramonte gets a hold of it and raises it from the dead its future isn't looking good!

Here's one we'll take out of our NO VIN Gallery.

And, it seems a bit overpriced considering a much better condition, well at least better condition, MarkII recently sold on Ebay for $3050. This car looks like either a parts car, rat rod, or restomod if its to be anything.

Joseph Stebbins
09-12-2013, 10:41 AM
And, it seems a bit overpriced considering a much better condition, well at least better condition, MarkII recently sold on Ebay for $3050. This car looks like either a parts car, rat rod, or restomod if its to be anything.

If the one that just sold on ebay actually sells. If I remember correctly it has been "sold" on ebay a few times and the deals fall through...

Stolo
10-06-2013, 12:29 PM
So I have the opportunity to purchase a Mark II and I am going back and forth. The Vin is C5681021. I have seen some cool info come out of these posts. I was hoping to find out some more info about the car that would make up my mind about purchasing the car. If anyone can tell me about this one that would be great.

Joseph Stebbins
10-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Search the last 4 numbers on the vin. Pat has an extensive database here...

Pat Marshall
10-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Dan, have you looked up the car in the Registry? Also, there is a thread on this car you should see.

I'm not sure that anyone can give you a lot of insight without knowing what your intentions are with this car.

If you were to buy it what would you do with it?

For everyone's information see the picture below.