PDA

View Full Version : New Mamber Again

gary sailor
08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
As I am not much of a computer guy I didn't use the site enough to keep going. I am a Tried and true Mark II lover. I have owned mine 15 years and will always be working on it. I just completed a 1130 mile trip in it to the LCOC Nationals in Minneapolis. It "floated' at 80 mph and I got right at 16 MPG. I finally switched to radials and it is like driving a new car. I thought they would deduct points for radials but they do not as they are considered a safety improvement. The car ran beautifully there and back. We only needed the a/c about 1/2 the time as the vents are so efficient. Being from Overland Park, Kansas, (suburb of Kansas City) there are not many Mark II's to compare. I do know of one other that just arrived in town and am anxious to see it. I purchased my car with 25,000 orig miles and now have 38,000. I have driven it to Houston, Chicago, St. Louis and Deluth for national shows. I will try to figure out how to post a picture of it on the site. Thanks again for this site.

Barry Wolk
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Glad you came back. The site used to take you off the rolls if you hadn't participated in a year. I believe Shelly changed that, but you have to re-register if you've been removed.

I love driving mine long distances. We're driving from the Detroit area to Canton, Ohio for the Glenmoor Gathering in two weeks. It's about a 5 hour pleasure cruise.

Nick DeSpirito
08-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Welcome back Gary! :)