PDA

View Full Version : 2814-New Member

Sharon Azevedo
07-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Hi,
I am a new member and my name is Sharon Azevedo, from California. I purchased a 1956 Continental Mark II two years ago and we are in the process of restoring it. It has new white and blue leather upholstry, with dark blue carpet. It is currently being painted a dark metallic blue with a purple pearl cast. The chrome/stainless steel has all been polished or re-chromed and the engine & undercarriage has been restored. Can hardly wait to start putting it back together. I have wanted one for so many years, it is a dream come true, and a real experience!!! Excited to have other Mark II lovers to talk to. Have a wonderful 4th, and hope to meet some of you one day.
Take care,
Sharon

Dan
07-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi Sharon
You describe a Mark II that is very close to mine in color combination.
Please post pictures
We love to see the process
Good Luck getting yours on the road.

Barry Wolk
07-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the site, Sharon.

Pat Marshall
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Sharon, welcome to you and #2814.

You made my day...I get that way whenever a "lost" Mark II shows up on the Forum!

Here's the Registry Link to your car, I've added your posting and your name to the ownership chain (you're the only one at this point:))

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=20512#post20512

I recently acquired all the Mark II original invoices and I'll ad the information from 2814's to the history in the next day or so.

Here's a link to information you might needs from our Registry History section:

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=20736

We would be very interested in any prior history you have on 2814 such as prior owners, locations, dates, etc.

Once again welcome to the Forum, I'm sure you'll be glad you joined us.

linmk2
07-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing photos.

Pat Marshall
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Sharon,

I have added the original invoice information to your car's record in the Registry History. As has been stated, we sure would like some pictures. Also it would be great if you could fill in the ????'s for 2814.

Pat Marshall

Sharon Azevedo
07-05-2012, 01:21 AM
It was so nice to read all your posts. Thank you very much!! I am having trouble figuring out how use this forum, but when I do, I have a complete album of my Mark II from the day I picked it up. I will try to post some of the pictures. I hope it will be painted this week and we will start putting all the upholstry back in it. (I now know you paint first, upholstry & carpet next) I am learning.
The original owner was James & Alma Meade at 76 N. Kessing, Porterville, CA. They purchase it in 1956. In 1971 they purchased the personal license plate of "MEADE".
After trying to purchase the car for many years, George & Pat Scott, of 88 N. Vineland, Kerman, Ca., purchased the car in 1986. George was going to restore it for his wife, however, with all his other cars, he never got to it. He had it in his shop for 24 years and decided to sell it. We purchased it on May 20, 2010.
The body Number is : 04 1A1A-222-8
the Serial Number is : C56D2814

Nice talking to you and I will send pictures, when I figure it out.
Have a very happy week.
Sharon

Doc
07-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you're well along in the restoration process. Look forward to seeing your car. Posting pictures is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. Always pleased to hear that another Mark II has been saved.

Pat Marshall
07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Sharon, thanks for the historical information. I have updated your car's history and have added a couple pictures from your album. We still would like to know the engine number, if the car has a body tag, and the information on the carpet hump nameplate.

Pat