PDA

View Full Version : Today I became the owner of a Mark II

Bob Engle
05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi folks, Since retiring inot the western hills of Virginia, I have been playing with old cars. ( I quit working upon retirement). I've been searching for a Mark II for the past several months, looking at any cars within hours drive.

Several weeks ago, while driving through Highspire PA, I saw a white mark II sitting at a service station in a state of neglect. I stopped and learned that the car owner had died and the widow enlisted the assitance of a friend to get the car in running order, so it could be sold.

The car is C56P3559 D885-S338-7-1B6M

64,613 miles with a close to original repaint.

After many discussions, I bought the car. I towed it home today.

Now the fun begins to get it road worthy. I plan to just drive it for a while before mapping out any serious upgrades to original condition.

The engine has been tuned and startes and runs well. No road time, the treadlvac is inoperable. Wheel brake components all look in good condition.

I've been through these startups before. clean and inspect fuel system. Drain cooling system. remove radiator and heater cores and have them pressure tested. test control valves and replace all hoses.

Tires are excellent narrow whites radials

Things to do or fix. 1. passenger vent window is open and won't close. 2. Mufflers and resonators are Glass packs with no crossover pipe!! 3. Red pinstripe tape on body sides?? 4. Clean polish and wax exterior. 5. clean and condition leather interior. 6. change all fluids and filters. 7. Fix power steering leak. Check for any other leaks.

Enough of an introduction for now. I'll be in touch as I have to sort through repairs.

I look forward to your assistance in resurecting this great car. BTW the car is titled as 1956, but is clearly a 1957 from the VIN and carb. This will be fun getting a corrected Virginia Title.

Bob Engle

C56P3559

Doc
05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the Forum! I hope the car brings you lots of enjoyment.

I'll be the first to say it--post pictures when you get a chance.

Again, welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find there is a wealth of information available from the Forum members.

Barry Wolk
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Welcome aboard.

linmk2
05-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!