PDA

View Full Version : Mark II Lover - 3931

Eisele Mark II
02-29-2012, 04:13 AM
I always thought that the Mark II was a beautiful car...and a '57 with A/C was the one to have in my minds eye. Many years have past since I first lusted after these cars...saw many rusted, junky hulks that would be impossible to restore. Cruising on Ebay months ago I cross paths with this car..I emailed the seller, found that it was close by and went to look at it. I was astounded by the originality of this Mark II. Last registered in 1969...it is completely original, original paint, interior...even the fresh air hose ducting to the air cleaner was still on it. As luck would have it..it was a '57 with A/C...also it was originally silver. From the selling dealership to the driveway I bought it from, perhaps there is a 15 mile distance. I plan a slow restoration...hopefully the engine is good...and I can get her back on the road soon.

I looked at the ownership history of this car on here and it is a little ambiguous...the family I bought it was from, was that of Frank J Woolam...who history shows bought the car in 1966. The CA title I have is dated 1969, ostensibly when he paid off the car and got a "clean" title without a lien holder. So from 1966-2011...an amazing 45 years, it was owned by Frank J Woolam and his family....note the 1965 UCLA parking pass on the bumper...I am so curious about that! Thanks for having me!

Dan
02-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Congratulations, and welcome aboard!
You will find an awful lot of information and guidance through this forum.
Mine is a 57 with A/C also
great car!
looks like you have all the pieces...

Don Keller
02-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Hello Ron,

Welcome. It's good to have another member with a silver '57 that has narrow white walls! Just a little jab to make some cringe.(;)) I have a suggestion that you may want to consider since the original dark gray/silver is often replicated with a wide variance of shades. Try to find a protected area in the trunk, engine compartment, or where ever and either save it or have it scanned to replicate an apparent original paint job. The car has the appearance of a solid original and is ready for some TLC. Congratulations!

Don

linmk2
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Looks like your Mark is a solid vehicle. You have come to the right place by joining this forum. Everyone here is helpful. When you get a chance, be sure to provide us with all the information on your Data Plate so the history of your car can be updated. All that is left to say is WELCOME.

Eisele Mark II
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Don...I am sure those narrow whitewalls were put on BEFORE I was born! Too funny...

As far as the data plate goes...I dont know what else there would be on it that isnt already on the forum spreadsheet?