PDA

View Full Version : New member in San Diego

Gary Karr
02-27-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm new to this site but certainly not new to Mark II's. I currently have two, C5691315 and C56C1578. 1315 is restored, and was remanufactured in the mid seventies by Desert Classics of Nogales, Arizona for my mother. I also own 1578, an unrestored car from Northern California. It is all apart and at this point, pretty much destined to become a parts car. I also own three Model A's, one which is a National Best of Show, winning a Henry Ford Award in 2003 at the MARC National Meet in Dearborn. I am currently working on a very early '28 Model A for show. My other is a restored '29 Roadster Pick Up.

Doc
02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Coincidentally, I grew up in San Diego and also have a Model A (a 1930 Town Sedan); not a 400 point car, like yours apparently, but currently undergoing a restoration (I've had the car for more than 40 years and it spent its early years as a daily driver) that I hope will get it closer.

I'm sure you'll find the Forum a great source of information, even with your long association with the Mark II.

Don Keller
02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Hello Gary,

Welcome. You might want to do a search for Desert Classics on the forum as we have discussions, an article and pictures of their operation that you can easily access. Who knows, you might recognize C5691315. They appeared to have done a very thorough and factory like job. We'd sure like to see some pictures of your cars and Pat is the forum historian and has done a tremendous amount of work documenting the specifics and former owners of the Mark IIs. We'd appreciate your sharing your info.

Don

linmk2
02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad to have you join. We all really enjoy pictures, post some when you can.