PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Hello!

Kevin
01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi Everyone,
New Member just saying hello, Looking to ad a mkii to my collection, I have been a collector of Rare Fords/Lincolns for over 15 years but looking for a nice Continental mkii this year.
Missed out on a superb example that was for sale here in the United Kingdom, from Alan Carringtons collection, Right car wrong time sadly to say.
Only know of one,possibly two of this dream boat resident in my Country.
Happy New Year!..
Kevin.:)

SLK
01-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Matt Cashion
01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Welcome, you will fine much information here and people that are ready to help in any way they can to steer you in the right direction.

Dan
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
"Thanks for the welcome guys, Ive just found out about a 57 Continental for sale in North London, but it needs just about eveything and i would imagaine these cars are not cheap to restore, so to count thats three i know about here.
But theres no rush, I have made that mistake before and spent more funds restoring a car then buying one thats in better condition."

You will find Physical condition is more important to an economical restoration than Mechanical condition.

Body parts, acessories, trim and the like are very expensive; whereas mechanical parts, brakes engine and transmission parts are shared among other Lincolns and T-birds so they are easier to find and cheaper to purchase.
Good Luck!

Kevin
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Cheers for the list on Auction cars, but yes! cars do get Auctioned off here but can end up in European homes, Sweden being one of the biggest Buyers!, There are now just over 20 Squarebirds here..but you hardly see them, i hope its the same on the Continental as shippin and import taxes now have got stupid, i would like to find one here or in Europe as at least i can drive it home to the UK, via any port under EU import rules...NO TAX!.

As for the little Midget!, plenty of pople here in my club have them, MGA..Healy, Jag E-types..there all cool! and the Volvo p1800, really liked them with the Cow horn Bumpers.......But not losing track as we are here for the continental...so if you need help on other cars PM me,..
Cheers Kev.

Barry Wolk
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Find me a 1934 MG Continental and I'll be your best friend, Kevin.

Welcome to the site!

linmk2
01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Kevin, nice to have you join the group. You have come to the best place to find much information about one of the mostly lovely cars produced, the Continental Mark II.

Kevin
01-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Thanks Howard, It looks like i may part with my Jaguar which in turn was produced for the US market, as my T-bird is a little bit special and i think Squarebird owners Worldwide would hunt me down to ask WHY? and looking for UK cars to order can be done! its not what you know but who you know..The continental name has been used across the board even Bentley got in on the act, but as i live by the sea that C, Craft power boat is lovely! always wanted one like that myself, a nice Italian Riva but all in good time.

AU_MK2
01-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Welcome Rockin Kev!!!
I have my MK II so you won't miss out like with the Golde Top

To fill the rest of you in Kev was looking at the 60 Tbird I bought last year, I didn't know at the time.

Robert McGuire
01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello Mark 2 folks I agree with the new member from the U K I own a 250 se coupe Mercedes Every time i go to my garage and look at my benz coupe it reminds me of the Mark 2 . I have owned 3 Mark 2 and must finished my 220a Benz before I start looking for a Mark. Thank you Kevin for bringing this thought to light you are right on the money. I hope you find your prefect Mark 2 I have driven them across the country they are a joy to drive and a timeless beauty they are right there with the coffin nose cord. Good Luck Robert McGuire

Joseph Stebbins
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks Howard, It looks like i may part with my Jaguar which in turn was produced for the US market, as my T-bird is a little bit special and i think Squarebird owners Worldwide would hunt me down to ask WHY? and looking for UK cars to order can be done! its not what you know but who you know..The continental name has been used across the board even Bentley got in on the act, but as i live by the sea that C, Craft power boat is lovely! always wanted one like that myself, a nice Italian Riva but all in good time.

I had an XJ6 series 2 back in the 80's that was beautiful but it was mostly my official yard ornament as it would only run when it felt like it, and god help me if it was raining the wipers would get slower and slower and slower until I'd be driving home with my head out the window! My mechanic would say "why do the British drink warm beer? Lucas makes the refrigerators!" I gave up when the rebuilt water pump for $300.00 came and it made the MK II's look complicated - a shaft, seal, and bearing and 400 bolts to hold it on! From what I understand it is now a 99 pt trailer queen. I've stuck to mostly Ford products since!

Welcome Aboard!