PDA

View Full Version : New aussie member

John Cook
01-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi,
My name is John Cook I am from Brisbane Australia.
I purchased my mark II from Texas in 2006.Then shipped it home to Australia which took 5 months of sleepless nights and worry.
Once home I stripped it down for a full rebuild,starting with mild body mods which include. 52 ford headlights, custom hand made grille and bar,shaved hood and trunk, shaved doors,moulded sill molds, colour coded lower bumpers, one off 17'' billet wheels designed on original wheel caps, and 2" lowered suspension.
Car was then stripped to bare metal and painted in off white with candy red roof.All running gear was kept to original specification.
Interior is all new to original specification except for red roof linear.

There is only one other mark II in Australia which is in Sydney.Ihave never seen this car but am assured it exists.

Thankyou for this great forum and look foward to talking to many of you.
Cheers,John.

Barry Wolk
01-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Welcome, John. I've seen pictures of your car on H.A.M.B.

I believe we have pictures of it in our Customized Mark II thread.

Shelly Harris
01-23-2010, 10:57 AM
welcome john

it's great hearing from owners like you. please join us often.

Doc
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
John:

Welcome to the forum. As noted above, we've all looked at your car before. I think it's one of the best done of the resto-mods we've seen. We also noted your distinctive wheels and wheel covers--doesn't look quite like the original rims/wheel covers. What are you running there?

Chuck Lutz
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
John, Welcome to the Forum. You'll find that it's a great place to discuss one of my favorite sports... Mark II's and it's not a bad place to hang out either LOL.
I'm a bit of a purist (not a snob, just a bit of a purist) when it comes to "resto-mods" but the quality in yours reads through and through. Great job!

linmk2
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Always happy to welcome "out of towners", and boy are you a long way away. Nice job on your custom work.

Shawn Newcomb
01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Was this concept drawing (left, 2nd from top) the inspiration for your trunk treatment or is it just a cosmic coincidence?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/linc64/Miscellaneous/img1512.jpg

Barry Wolk
01-23-2010, 10:34 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/linc64/Miscellaneous/img1512.jpg

OK? I don't get it.

John Cook
01-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Shawn Newcomb - I've never seen the drawing before. The billet cap on my trunk was just an idea I had when building the car.
THanks
John

John Cook
01-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Doc,
Re the wheels on my continental - they were custom made by Dragway wheels here in Australia. They are a solid billet wheel. The billet cap in the centre is removable to expose wheel studs. There is a fifth cap which is located on the trunk of the car.
John

Barry Wolk
01-24-2010, 08:49 AM
OK? I don't get it.

Now I get it.